16ft Mirrocraft V-hull build!!**Finished!!!**

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got the bottom coated!!

74Mirrocraft011.jpg

74Mirrocraft012.jpg

After coating the inside and the outside I have about a half gallon left.

Waiting patiently for updates! :wink: Looking good so far! How much Steelflex did it take to do the interior and exterior of your build?

Decatur said:
Waiting patiently for updates! :wink: Looking good so far! How much Steelflex did it take to do the interior and exterior of your build?

I have not made much progress since I finished painting/steelflexing the boat. I used about a gallon and a half steelflex. It has been pretty cold here in the Mountains and I can't work on the boat inside. This past weekend was warm, but unfortunately I spent it under a car :shock: .

My next step is to refresh the trailer. I don't see the point of doing anything else to the boat until the trailer is finished. I'm still hoping to get the boat finished before spring.

Decatur said:
Doesn't it suck that real life seems to get in the way of what we want to do?! :lol:

While that is true!! Wrenching on cars is another hobby of mine, so the weekend was not lost!!

moberg12 said:
Decatur said:
Doesn't it suck that real life seems to get in the way of what we want to do?! :lol:

While that is true!! Wrenching on cars is another hobby of mine, so the weekend was not lost!!
Speaking of which is that a 3 series wagon in the garage?

hey i have the same boat and painted it pretty much the same color ill have to upload some pics here. your doing a great job. Have you finished anything else on it like deck or anything?

laxpro388 said:
hey i have the same boat and painted it pretty much the same color ill have to upload some pics here. your doing a great job. Have you finished anything else on it like deck or anything?

I'm currently rebuilding the trailer. Hopefully finishing the boat build will go pretty fast once the trailer is complete. I already have all my materials.

I'd love to see pics of your boat.

Hey man, Im in Black Mountain! You fish lake james? Thats where Ive been this year, caught some nice smallmouth! Im doing my gamefisher right now, I need to figure out how to put a link to my build in my sig. Anyway, great job doing the inside and outside with the steelflex was super smart! Now shouldnt ever leak!!! Keep up the good work!

willbarrow81 said:
Hey man, Im in Black Mountain! You fish lake james? Thats where Ive been this year, caught some nice smallmouth! Im doing my gamefisher right now, I need to figure out how to put a link to my build in my sig. Anyway, great job doing the inside and outside with the steelflex was super smart! Now shouldnt ever leak!!! Keep up the good work!

I will be using the boat mostly on Lake chatuge and Lake Nantahala. Most of my current fishing is done on The Little Tennessee River.

Thanks for the compliments!! Good luck with your build.

Heres some pics for ya it needs to be cleaned up a little

Attachments

• IMAG0046.jpg
    IMAG0046.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,989
  • IMAG0047.jpg
    IMAG0047.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2,988
  • IMAG0048.jpg
    IMAG0048.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,988
  • IMAG0049.jpg
    IMAG0049.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2,988
That looks like my 1979 Mirrocraft before the company changed hands. I spent a lot of time on the phone with them giving them exact measurements and weighed it on the truck scale at work to get the empty weight. Mine is now BIA plated for a 75hp like the Mr.Musky. I gutted and repainted the outside silver. It was 3 different shades of yellow when I got it. It had a 40hp Mercury on it now with a CMC power tilt with a 1967 65hp inline 4 Mercury. At only 3200rpms it handles well 26mph with 6oo lbs between 3 of us. That counsol attaches to the right side of the middle seat. It was a 13ft single cable, I had to replace mine. I removed the riveted bow cover,built decking to connect the bow back to the middle seat. That gives 10ft length of deck which 48"X30" is a hinged door for a 14 gallon livewell tank bought from Greatlakes skipper in Racine Wi. and storage below. There is a second smaller door cut into the larger for dropping fish in the livewell. I fabricated a box out of the same 3/4 pressure treated ply used for the decking Its mounted off to the left side of the bow with a Minnkota puck mount on it and the socket for the 24volt motor mounted on it. I was worried I might not of built it beefy enough. Fishing on Lake Shabbona the wind pushing the motor shaft got into a fork of a sunken tree busted the shaft did not hurt the mount at all. I painted the floor and sides inside with Evercoat Skid No More from Ace hardware. To wire it the electronics check out plastic track for surface wiring. Menards sells it 5ft. Length $6.00 comes with stickey tape but use a bead of Amazing goop aka E6000. you can open and close the track to add wire as often as needed-Jeff

Attachments

• DSCI0122.JPG
    DSCI0122.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,958
Back in business!!

DSC00579.jpg

Picked up a new trailer. Once I get it rebuilt I will finally get back to finishing by build. Maybe I'll be fishing next spring.

You can follow the trailer rebuild here: https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&p=230860#p230860

Got the trailer rebuild finished!!
https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=49&p=230860#p230860

Now the boat is finally back on the trailer and in the carport ready to be completed. I'm stoked!!

2012-03-12_18-56-32_658.jpg