1955 14' Arkansas Traveler

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbriddler

Reaction score
IMG_0286.jpg [-o< gunnel.jpggunnel 2.jpgIMG_0297.jpgJust started restoring my boat, ive had it for a few years stored and just recently had the time to start. Ive got the seats stripped gunwales sanded and cracks filled and now im working on cleaning to rivets so i can seal it with coat it ( did a leak test and had a few spots and seams leaked at bit). Ive been using a brass wire wheel to clean the rivets, the outside button heads have not been too bad but the inside where the rivets is raised is a nightmare. There has got to be a better way, but i dont know it. If someone does please help me out or im never going to get this thing done [-o<

Welcome to the fold.

Looks like a worthy project. Take lots of pictures and when the hours add up you can refrer to them to see where they went.

What part of KY?

Im in Goshen, KY Thinking a die grinder with brass brush is going to be best way to get rivets inside hull clean, whats thats done i can really get rolling

Latest posts