1959 Alumcraft FDR--UPDATED--12-30-11--got a motor!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good on the boat. Now it's the time consuming tedious work that has to be done. But hey, you some time til spring to finish it up. Keep posting pics and keep us updated.

Work has been slow on the project lately. If I could get a warm day on the weekend, I could probably get something accomplished on it!!

Anyways, staying on track--i've been working on different mock-ups. I will come up with a few more, but I wanted to get some options on this one.

I am going for a 50/50 mix of pleasure cruiser/fishing boat. Let me know what you think:

397088_10151139501775634_520410633_22688246_537279404_n.jpg

The slotted floor under the helm will be as low as possible, and made of a nice rich cherry wood. The back deck will be raised, but only slightly (somewhere in the realm of 6"--mainly for flotation foam purposes. The storage area's in the back (F) will be bout 12-15 inches above the floor. The front deck will be raised slightly higher, about 10-12 inches--which is (i'm guessing) close to where the water line would be when its sitting in water, and still about 12 inches below the top of the walls of the boat in the front.

Thanks for looking!

Bigkat it's apparent that you have put a lot of thought into your layout and that you want a multi-purpose boat. I would suggest that you mock up the floor plan using cardboard and then get you and your wife in the boat and and move around a bit and see how it fits you. Boats always seem bigger out of the water and you have incorporated a lot of features into a modest sized hull. It's all personal taste and may work out for you just fine.

Good luck with your build, I'm looking forward to see how it turns out.