1965 FeatherCraft Lapstrake Ski Bo

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lookin' good sixgun. you got me day dreaming of building a cc myself. if I ever decide to this is the thread I'll use. Keep us posted.

P.S.

How did you decide on the cc placement? Did you just guesstimate it's location, or is there a method to the madness? Thanks.

Six - did removing the front weaken the boat at all - just a question - Its coming along nicely I think thats gonna be a great boat when its done (that is if you keep it) :LOL22:

When placing the console I wanted enough room for the captain to fish. Also It was important to me that I would be able to stand or sit so the rear seat will be set back just a bit. In regards to the structure there is a pretty hefty support brace that runs port to starboard about 2.5-3' back from the bow and another 3' further back so it's plenty rigid. I was sitting on the starboard bow earlier without experiencing any flex.

Spent some more time today on the boat, lots left to do.. Should have painted the inside of the console before installing, should be fun getting up in there now..

Attachments

• half.jpg
    half.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 2,180
  • paint.jpg
    paint.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 2,180
I picked up this floor coating from the depot that is similar to stucco siding. Once applied it's like 50grit sand paper. This junk will actually cut you, lol. Looked at HD.com minute ago to see if I could remember what it's called and didn't find it so I'll take some close up pics tomorrow and look what the can says too.. Still untested but It seems to fit the bill.

Yup that's about right man, i wont be walking on mine barefoot. I let my tiny one walk on it just playing around and she said her feet hurt, picked her up an she had dimples in the bottom of her feet lol my whole thing is i hope it sticks.

sixgun86 said:
I picked up this floor coating from the depot that is similar to stucco siding. Once applied it's like 50grit sand paper. This junk will actually cut you, lol. Looked at HD.com minute ago to see if I could remember what it's called and didn't find it so I'll take some close up pics tomorrow and look what the can says too.. Still untested but It seems to fit the bill.

Looks awesome already sixgun. I need to hurry up and get my inside done so I don't change my mind on tiller steering...... :lol:

Thanks guys.

I'm a member of the Feathercraft forum and thought it might not be welcomed cutting up the bow but none the less I posted my hack for those to see and added this pic to my post. Can only imagine what some of those guys over there are thinking of this chop.

I can't believe it, Sixes just chopped up a Feather. You know he lives in Alabama. That's why. Jeeez
Good Lord. Buy a Ranger bass boat next time.................
It's inexcusable . Could have hacked up any old piece of crap for that mod.
Man o man.........why would you do that?

lol!

"I was polishing the bow and the pad came off and before I knew it the bow cap was laying in the yard. "

Attachments

• redneck.JPG
    redneck.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,147
That is funny, you could really get em going if you did something like PSG-1. I say put twin jetski motors in her and paint her like the general lee.... :lol:

JamesM56alum said:
God dont give him any ideas lol

Lol. I wish.

Finished the boat. Put it in the water last night. Finally. Ol lady said the same. Time to fish.

Attachments

• skib6.JPG
    skib6.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 2,123
  • skib5.JPG
    skib5.JPG
    60.6 KB · Views: 2,123
  • skib1.JPG
    skib1.JPG
    39.7 KB · Views: 2,123
  • skib4.JPG
    skib4.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 2,123
  • skib3.JPG
    skib3.JPG
    52.2 KB · Views: 2,123
  • skib2.JPG
    skib2.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 2,123
Looks great sixgun. How did she run? What was your top speed? Did having the console aft seem to slow you down in any way? I only ask, because I'm pretty sure I'll be stealing your designs soon :) Great job! Happy boating!

Thanks Fella's. It rode great. Lot's of room to move around. Much smoother being further back and off the floor. It's also comfortable standing as well. I'll probably add a folding umbrella when the sun starts coming down hard. Learned w/ T-top fishing can be tricky on a small rig. Also a place to mount a portable radio, back up cranking battery, and some cup holders for ice cold sweetwater ga brown. Might do a cooler/seat too, time will tell. Left the boat in over night, Not a drop of water this morning.

@ James, Post some pics of your applied decals on the Sponsor page when you get a chance if you don't mind. And hurry up and come south too. I got No see um spray now.

@ Kfa, Feel free to steal. I've got more pics of this console build and another similar so if you need them ask. My advice when building ply board console, get a belt sander. Not sure of top speed. Seemed on par if not a hair quicker but that could be due to being higher up. The boat should have at least a 30hp so it was under powered from the get go though I enjoy having the reliability of a new motor. Guessing 15mph-20mph. I'll get on the neighbor about borrowing his GPS.

@ Foolfish, It takes at least a week after a build to get the shivers and twitches for something new. I've looked but hadn't been impressed. The ol lady was brought to the limit on this one, not sure how many more I can build and still continue to have clean underwear and food on the table so I'll have to weigh my options carefully. I plan on working w/ the local SAR group down here this spring/summer forward and this boat would work well with what would be needed inshore around the creeks/bays/inter coastal. The Deep V, Remote Spot Light, good bit of room per length 52"floor in the rear, two ladders (Not pictured), hefty bilge pump, and a fearless (boarder of ignorance) captain. "If you can't swim you're on the wrong boat" Yargh! But I'm going to try to be happy and content. No promises.

I'll post some night pics shortly. The remote spot light is awesome.