1966 Polarkraft 14' (Completed)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys, I used contact cement as suggested by a user here don't remember who now, but it worked good just very time consuming. The contact cement takes 15min to set and with wood it soaks it up so you need another coat and then another 15min to set and then stick the carpet on and then you have to do it all over again on the back side for the edges. Its great though I would do it this way again very good hold, just gotta be patient.

ryan very nice progress on the new rig :shock: i really like the gray carpeting and the way you mounted the panel. i am about to recarpet myself in the next two weeks or so and i think your job has motivated me that much more good work and post some pics

Almost done just got a few little things and do the hatches and thats about it

1cWN1.jpg

JZ0vH.jpg

RXSHc.jpg

SzM4f.jpg

5mDdm.jpg

is that insulation foam board you used as filler between the ribs? if so how are the buoyancy properties of it? I thought of using it as floatation foam in my rig just not sure if its buoyant enough to be used for this purpose?

ryan20021982 said:
No idea the buoyancy properties of it I just know it floats and I added more than I took out.

lol my thoughts exactly.
Looks great man. I am about to start carpeting mine this week. Sounds like fun #-o

Well its all done, we had it out yesterday and everything worked great. Motor isnt the fastest but I didnt want it for my main motor anyways, had it clocked at 6mph with my GPS on my phone so its about what I expected. Water level is fine after adding the weight and handles pretty good and it plenty stable enuf for fishing on the deck. Now I just need to get a 25hp for it, been looking but everything is either too new and too expensive or too old.

Hx5Tk.jpg

yVhol.jpg

fzOxA.jpg

nTuQH.jpg

j2661.jpg

xNvf8.jpg

uaTNa.jpg

XdQbv.jpg

1ALbb.jpg

2UtBN.jpg

Way to go looks good and glad you enjoyed it. The offset seats are a nice touch as i hate that my rear seat is centered in the boat. im sure youll find the right motor if you look long enough. I am searching for a used 30 hp as my 9.8 wont plane the boat but im worried whatever i get will not equal the reliability of the old merc

What a transformation!! Boat looks fantastic. =D> Is there an elevated seating position in the back? Do you just add a pole to the drivers seat?

First time seeing your build. Nice job, and looks great.

Did you use two different types of carpet, or is the color difference the grain going different directions?

hueydr said:
Is there an elevated seating position in the back? Do you just add a pole to the drivers seat?
No just the front

Brine said:
Did you use two different types of carpet, or is the color difference the grain going different directions?

Ya I had to do it that way to have enough carpet I was cutting it close. The camera makes it look more noticeable than it is. I only had a few scraps left.

Yeah Dude, that looks awesome! I didn't think the compartments on the sides were gonna work well, but it looks great! Good job.

That is one sweet rig I need to come across some funds so I can finnish mine off I have a long ways to go before it looks half as nice as yours! But after all its a labor of love and once you do something that nice I prolly will never get rid of it!