1973 PolarKraft 1440 MV - The Birth of Ictalurus

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great!

Can you point me in the direction of those vents in the back? I need to pick some up for my rear deck. Are the thick enough to have someone stand on them without cracking them?

dyeguy1212 said:
Can you point me in the direction of those vents in the back? I need to pick some up for my rear deck. Are the thick enough to have someone stand on them without cracking them?

Picked them up at Lowe's in the plumbing section, they're designed to go in floors and be walked on, $3.94 for the pair :lol:

Ictalurus said:
dyeguy1212 said:

Picked them up at Lowe's in the plumbing section, they're designed to go in floors and be walked on, $3.94 for the pair :lol:

Darn, mine doesn't have them (or atleast I don't think). I looked for some about 2 months ago, and all they had were white ones. Looks like you lucked out!

The boat has been great to fish out of. I've made a few changes to make things move a little smoother out on the water. I've removed the permanently mounted seats and installed seat bases so when I'm by myself there's no tripping over another seat. Also the battery has been moved to the back hatch next to the gas tank. The additional storage space mid vessel is very nice.

Attachments

• Seat Base 1.JPG
    Seat Base 1.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 2,087
  • Seat Base 2.JPG
    Seat Base 2.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 2,087
I like what you've done here. I am thinking about adding a low front deck like yours to my boat. Mainly I want to be able to have a pedestal/post in the front so I can have a bycicle style seat for fishing.

Very nice job!!!! =D>

How much weight would all that wood add to your boat ?

Up here in Cananda i have heard that if you do a mod like that you have to get the boat inspected. Do you have to do something similar ?

Thanks Baitcaster, I love the low deck, feel much better in the boat rather than on it. The boat also doubles occasionally as a family craft so the middle seat needs to stay in. I've thought and thought about seating options and this seems to be working. I see your boat has a livewell in the middle seat, I can only dream.

vanbc said:
Very nice job!!!!

If I remember, wood and carpet totaled roughly 180 lbs (81Kg). The weight seems to help stability. No special inspection in TN that I know of.

Ictalurus said:
vanbc said:
Very nice job!!!!

If I remember, wood and carpet totaled roughly 180 lbs (81Kg). The weight seems to help stability. No special inspection in TN that I know of.
Thanks !!

looks like we both finished our boats!

https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=12178&start=100

392441681.jpg

392281944.jpg

392415210.jpg

Can't stop tinkering with the boat. I fashioned a jack plate to get my cav plate even with the bottom of the boat. The motor is a short shaft, just a tad long for my transom though. The bimini top is on the way & the boat is now named. Think I'm ready for spring now, can't wait for the water to warm up a bit.

Attachments

• DSCF0270.JPG
    DSCF0270.JPG
    44 KB · Views: 2,125
  • DSCF0281.JPG
    DSCF0281.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 2,125
  • DSCF0282.JPG
    DSCF0282.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 2,125
  • DSCF0276.JPG
    DSCF0276.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 2,125
Picture of the cleaned up 1966 20 HP Johnson added for this year :D

Attachments

• DSCF0302.JPG
    DSCF0302.JPG
    46.5 KB · Views: 2,122
You did an amazing job on your build!! Looks awesome and very user friendly. =D> =D> =D>

The cup holder you have near the front deck, they are great but break if you accidently step on them or drop something on them. I have them in my boat and I have broken 4. After the second one I had my buddies promise to replace them when they break 'em! :LOL2:

bulldog said:
The cup holder you have near the front deck, they are great but break if you accidently step on them or drop something on them. I have them in my boat and I have broken 4. After the second one I had my buddies promise to replace them when they break 'em! :LOL2:

Thanks for the tip, no problems yet.