1985 Rhyan Craft spruce up

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was home with a sick kid today so no work on the Rhyan Craft, its at Dad's house about 25 miles away. I did work on the new tin some, I have it at home. The outside was really scummed up and looked awful and the inside was knee deep in leaves. I got all the inside cleaned up and vaccumed. Then was the undertaking of trying to make the aluminum look new again. I bought some aluminum brightner and mixed it as it said. The directions were sketchy other than the dillution rate. I mixed it at the strongest "suggested" ratio. Sprayed one side of the boat down and then washed it off. It then looked like a zebra. I thought I was gonna hafta paint the boat it looked so bad. I finally just used it straight and after about five hours of scrubing I got it looking like a new one again. The motor is blown up so Im waiting on a powerhead and get it running before any mods.

I got the wiring done, motor painted, and seats in yesterday. I ordered the graphics for the motor and supposed to pick them up this moring. When I put the decals on that will be it. Im finally done with it. I will post the finished pics tonight. I worked hard on the boat making it like I wanted it and then the Lowe came along. Im gonna hafta sell this one so I can do the mods on the new boat. I hate to see it go but the 1648 is what I been wanting since I have got into boats. I mostly fish big water and have to be real careful not to get ran over in a small boat. I have it listed locally for $1700.00 which more or less gets my money back excluding labor. I was planning on doing this one to fish out of for a few years and then finding a big boat but when a deal comes along you got to make it happen.

Nice job nate. =D> That turned out nice, and I hope your kid feels better soon.

I would suggest starting a new thread with your new tin so you can keep the mods separate.

Looking forward to it.

Nice job Nate, but I think you've caught boatitis...there always seems to be another boat on the horizon to redo. With the weather I wish I had a place to work on mine that was above freezing. I can't wait to see what you do to the new boat.

Here she is all finished up. Thanks for all the help and comments.

FinishedRhyanCraft001.jpg

FinishedRhyanCraft003.jpg

FinishedRhyanCraft002.jpg

FinishedRhyanCraft004.jpg