1996 Bass Tracker Restoration! Need ideas on framing+ advice with foaming!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harve131

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!

This is my first one and first time owning or fixing a boat. I stripped everything out, all the pour foam and storage took me about two weeks working on it here and there. I have a few leaky rivets that I am going to fix this week and then start framing the boat up.

I have plans on a rod storage on the left side with 1” PVC and make a custom box for it. Any ideas on what I should add?

If anyone as any advice on compartments that would be great. I will keep this thread updated with pictures and progress. Would accept any advice. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_3421.jpeg
    IMG_3421.jpeg
    86.4 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3420.jpeg
    IMG_3420.jpeg
    159 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3419.jpeg
    IMG_3419.jpeg
    158.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3418.jpeg
    IMG_3418.jpeg
    130.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3407.jpeg
    IMG_3407.jpeg
    223 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3405.jpeg
    IMG_3405.jpeg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3394.jpeg
    IMG_3394.jpeg
    117.8 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_3393.jpeg
    IMG_3393.jpeg
    143 KB · Views: 1
Looks like you have some decent storage.

First thing that jumped into my mind was are you limiting yourself by using 1" PVC pipe. Why not use 1.5" or 2" just in case you have a rod with larger guides. Will the PVC tubes go in that forward compartment with the foam? I've seen guys here use a heat gun to heat up the end of the PVC then shove it over a wine bottle or something to get a bell shape.

For compartments my advice is keep it as light as possible. For example, use aluminum angle instead of 2x lumber. Use 3/8 or 1/2 ply instead of 3/4. Might be good to spend some time searching through what others have done. There are so many build threads full of ideas it is hard to know where to start.

Have you ever fixed any solid rivets? I think I am just nervous on how long they will hold and doing all the work for nothing.

Looks like you have some decent storage.

First thing that jumped into my mind was are you limiting yourself by using 1" PVC pipe. Why not use 1.5" or 2" just in case you have a rod with larger guides. Will the PVC tubes go in that forward compartment with the foam? I've seen guys here use a heat gun to heat up the end of the PVC then shove it over a wine bottle or something to get a bell shape.

For compartments my advice is keep it as light as possible. For example, use aluminum angle instead of 2x lumber. Use 3/8 or 1/2 ply instead of 3/4. Might be good to spend some time searching through what others have done. There are so many build threads full of ideas it is hard to know where to start.
Sealed with 5200 and installed new solid rivet, hopefully it will last for years.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    159.5 KB · Views: 0
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 0
I would seriously consider coating the inside with gluvit or other sealer before adding any interior. Tighten your rivets first, the coat the hull inside and you won't leak for sure.

I would seriously consider coating the inside with gluvit or other sealer before adding any interior. Tighten your rivets first, the coat the hull inside and you won't leak for sure.
Should I replace more of them. They seem to all be tight. Should I continue to seal rivet with 5200 and then gluvit the inside?