1st time out this year, new lake, 1st bass...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baseball_guy_99

Reaction score
Back in August my wife and I moved to over to St. Charles, MO. Our "subdivision" has a nice little lake. I had been itching to get out and try it since we moved here, and today I finally got to fish it!

Started out throwing a clown rogue jerk bait with no luck.

Then I switched to a green/red mop jig tipped with a paca craw in watermelon/red...also no luck.

I had 1 more bait that I brought along with me...a shallow running Strike King crankbait. So I tied it on. After beating the bottom around the bank, I hooked into a nice LM Bass. I would guess it in the 2lb range. It only had 1 hook in its mouth, and when it came to the surface, it shook and was gone! So I continued making my way around the bank. A little while later I hooked into another LM. Again, I only had it by one hook...but this time I landed it! Guessing it is in the 3-3 1/2lb range (full of eggs).

photo (4).JPG

Here is a picture of part of the lake. There is another/bigger part on the other side of the bridge.
photo (5).JPG

Good looking fish.

I would love to live on a lake like that one day [-o<

Latest posts