20' Lowe Olympic Jon Boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fool4fish1226 said:
Very clean work Jonboat!!!!! Your transformation is amazing can't wait to see the finished product. =D>
Thanks F4F, it is a struggle to keep it that way, and "Do Overs" can be costly, thanks for looking. :)
olbrazosDon said:
Jerry,
Your boat is looking fantastic. I was wondering if you have cut anything useing the lube on the saw blade that I sugested? I am about to start my mod on a Alumicraft 14/48. I am interested to know if my solution still works. Did you buy your 2"X 2'' material as scrap or new lengths from the supplier and what was the cost? I may be wrong in asking about the price but I am tried for I drove from Dallas to Pascagoula, MS on Tuesday and back on Wensday this week and I am tired, Since we have had the drought this summer, I am anxious to do something to my boat and get back on the river, Any help would be apreaciated.
Don, I haven't been able to find the lube anywhere local. I have done some wood work projects in between work on the boat
and the blades still cut clean.......go figure.
All of the material on the boat was purchased new.
Here is HD's info for EZ SCREEN https://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc1v/R-202453633/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053
Here is Lowes Land info for BERTHA https://www.lowes.com/ProductDisplay?partNumber=56499-84974-47127&langId=-1&storeId=10151&productId=3035589&catalogId=10051&cmRelshp=req&rel=nofollow&cId=PDIO1
Price should be around $30 for 10' stick and $25 for 8'.
Just run a pipeline to the Dallas/Fort worth area, they seem to flood about twice each year. :wink:

Your gonna need a nice big white igloo marine cooler that is the same width as the console. That red cooler has go tto go....LOL.... Been following since your first post and finally found something I don't like about your build hahaha...

Just incredible... We all cant wait to see it done and on the water.

No Worry Reed.... I know the one you are talking about. The white one (100Qt) with the snap on seat cushion. :)
It's $53 clams at wally world sans cushion. Just threw that one up there to check for fit. :oops:

Started to wire up the panel and it got "messy" with wires pretty quick.
DSC00327.jpg

So it needed some electrical risers. I cut some 1 1/4" plastic tubing at a 45 deg angle
on each end to make room for the pop rivets.
DSC00325.jpg

Making sure that the cuts line up for a long and short side
DSC00328.jpg

rivet on each end
DSC00329.jpg

start bringing wires in, battery boxes are at bottom
DSC00330.jpg

clean again....ignition and gauges are next
DSC00332.jpg

JJ this is a very large undertaking to say the least but your attention to the smallest details is what's making your build a step above! Thanks for taking the time an sharing it with us in this manner! Just give me a holler when you get her all complete and I'll bring mine down and you can start on it. Don't have to be quite a elaborate as yours as I'm up here in fresh water.................. :wink:

WOW! what a build. You have alot of talent and work in the boat, and it truly shows. Very nice work indeed. One question, why did you build the CC so tall? =D>

JonBoatfever said:
That looks awesome! cant wait for the finished product. Very clean work
Thanks JBF...yep, I'm a confirmed "Neat Freak" :)
whistler said:
JJ this is a very large undertaking to say the least but your attention to the smallest details is what's making your build a step above! Thanks for taking the time an sharing it with us in this manner! Just give me a holler when you get her all complete and I'll bring mine down and you can start on it. Don't have to be quite a elaborate as yours as I'm up here in fresh water.................. :wink:
Thank you Whistler, I always try to think things thru and take a few pics to show the steps.
Hey, when you going to start on your tin?....time to get cookin. :)
TNtroller said:
WOW! what a build. You have alot of talent and work in the boat, and it truly shows. Very nice work indeed. One question, why did you build the CC so tall? =D>
I'm usually out on the water all day and fish shallow water (10'-2'), so I needed a place to get out of the weather and also a place for a Porta Pottie. I'm 6'3 and the G.F. is 6'. :) Thanks for looking, and thank you all for the comments. Jerry

Jonboat Jerry said:
Happy Halloween from 7222 Mako Dr. :D
DSC00324b.jpg
hello jerry, the boat wiring is looking great. i have been checking in and looking every few days. i also have to give
you thumbs up on your halloween bug.. it to looks great!!! unigue!!! thanks for the invite over weeks back.
looking foward to seeing your boat floating.

Great work. =D>

Nice mod on the bug too :mrgreen:

bguy said:
hello jerry, the boat wiring is looking great. i have been checking in and looking every few days. i also have to give
you thumbs up on your halloween bug.. it to looks great!!! unigue!!! thanks for the invite over weeks back.
looking foward to seeing your boat floating.
Count on it Brian, I hope it floats!
That Robbie Guy said:
I definitely admire your patience !
The 'wire sort & tuck' job ... awesome.
Thanks Robbie, I picked that up in the Navy I think. :)
Brine said:
Great work. =D>
Nice mod on the bug too :mrgreen:
Thanks Brine, I'm wishing I get the same enjoyment out of the BOAT! :D
Thanks for the comments guys.

Here was today's Speed Bumps, Wiring up the voltmeter, fuel gauge and ignition....Just keep Hackin'
DSC00340a.jpg

You are doing a great job on your wiring Jerry! I did not take time to do mine like I normally do on a project, (too much in a hurry to get to crappie fishing I guess!)

You are almost there! I wish I had your location to fish right now with alot of the coastal fish miagrating to Florida from up north. I really miss my salt water fishing! My family is from southern Alabama (Atmore) and it is very similar to your location, hot as the devil in summer and beautiful in winter!

Hurry up and get that boat done soyou canpost up some of those good eating salt water fish! :)

mmf said:
You are doing a great job on your wiring Jerry! I did not take time to do mine like I normally do on a project, (too much in a hurry to get to crappie fishing I guess!)
You are almost there! I wish I had your location to fish right now with alot of the coastal fish miagrating to Florida from up north. I really miss my salt water fishing! My family is from southern Alabama (Atmore) and it is very similar to your location, hot as the devil in summer and beautiful in winter!
Hurry up and get that boat done so you canpost up some of those good eating salt water fish! :)
Thanks Mike. Been fishing at least once a week now it's cooler, and the action is starting to get better on the flats.
Trout are still running undersize but getting closer to 20" :) Yep, summers are brutal.
Time to get my motor in to see if its a motor or a boat anchor. Happy Boating....Jerry

JJ sorry for the abbrev. as I'm not much of at typing. Your electric board kind of look familiar???? With that trough running around the outside edge. I don't want to insult you with one of those WAG's so I'm going to ask. Is it what I think it is? If so I think that is the ultimate in the use of the new buzz word repurposing! =D>

whistler said:
JJ sorry for the abbrev. as I'm not much of at typing. Your electric board kind of look familiar???? With that trough running around the outside edge. I don't want to insult you with one of those WAG's so I'm going to ask. Is it what I think it is? If so I think that is the ultimate in the use of the new buzz word repurposing! =D>
Ha Ha Whistler, sharp eye! Yep, it's a cutting board from Wally World! :lol: I picked up two, the other one is the dashboard
the steering wheel is on. (JJ or Jerry is fine....keep on hackin' :) )

mmf said:
Jerry, I never did find your center console in the "for sale" section of this forum.
It was on a long time ago, for about 3 weeks. I did get some response but it would have taken $178 to
ship to Nebraska. I put it on Craig's list and a tin boater from Brooksville picked it up Tuesday. Hope you weren't
interested in it. #-o

Got the motor in the shop and it checked out ok, but did need a few parts from sitting to long.
The day finally came when it was done and they needed the boat to rig it. I left the roof off of the console
to make it easier to work on. It's laying in the back of the boat.
Fortunately, they also had a spare trailer so after much lifting, cranking, and sweating it was on the trailer.
DSC00380a.jpg

The beam was so narrow it just barely fit,
DSC00381a-1.jpg

It has come a very long way.
DSC00090.jpg

Latest posts