2018 yamaha 60hp question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jow

Reaction score
Would anyone happen to know where the precision trolling wiring harness plug is,under the cowl? Ive purchased the switch and wiring harness and I'm installing it myself...I have it all ran through the boat to dash,but im stumped as to where they hid the plug in the engine...there was no diagram no nothing in the kit that shows where the plug is... just the switch wiring harness and switch plate. any help would be great or if anyone has a service manual? if not ill talk to my dealer and see if I can sit down with their shop manual

It is not in the service manual.

It's in the rigging guide, however it's vague. Look for a tiller installation guide, I found it there. Ask your dealer if you can view their 2017 or 2018 rigging guide. Don't ask 'em to borrow it unless they offer but they should let you have a look at it. It kinda halfway give you an idea where it's at. Usually behind a plastic cover or laying in the lower pan.

I assume you're speaking of the variable trolling feature (VTS)? On the 25's and 40's it's right in the front of the cowling lower pan. The plug for it has a cap in it. I can't remember if it's a white plug or a blue one, but it matches up perfectly with the connector for the switch harness, and it's the only one that matches. They do a good job of burying it but once you find it, you'll have that proverbial "ah-HA" moment. Be sure to make sure to tie it up so it can't contact the throttle & shift linkages. I had someone call me a while back who ordered a tiller kit for a F40 with VTS and he didn't tie up all the wires. One of them got hung in the shift linkage. When he went to reverse, it cut into one of the PT&T wires and blew the fuse instantly.

turbotodd said:
It is not in the service manual.

It's in the rigging guide, however it's vague. Look for a tiller installation guide, I found it there. Ask your dealer if you can view their 2017 or 2018 rigging guide. Don't ask 'em to borrow it unless they offer but they should let you have a look at it. It kinda halfway give you an idea where it's at. Usually behind a plastic cover or laying in the lower pan.

I assume you're speaking of the variable trolling feature (VTS)? On the 25's and 40's it's right in the front of the cowling lower pan. The plug for it has a cap in it. I can't remember if it's a white plug or a blue one, but it matches up perfectly with the connector for the switch harness, and it's the only one that matches. They do a good job of burying it but once you find it, you'll have that proverbial "ah-HA" moment. Be sure to make sure to tie it up so it can't contact the throttle & shift linkages. I had someone call me a while back who ordered a tiller kit for a F40 with VTS and he didn't tie up all the wires. One of them got hung in the shift linkage. When he went to reverse, it cut into one of the PT&T wires and blew the fuse instantly.
Yes I guess I had named the feature wrong..
Thanks,Turbotodd. Going to have another look in the morning.

Latest posts