21 Today

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigngrub

Reaction score
Started fishin' at 10:30 this morning and had 21 keepers by 2:00 pm. Could've easily limited out (30) if I had stayed for the 2:00-4:00 bite... but wanted to get the boat tucked away before dark for the big rain tomorrow.

DSC02281.jpg

Had several nice slabs, here's 2 of the bigger ones.

DSC02280.jpg

I gave todays fish to an old timer fishin' off the pier at the park.

Caught about the same # yesterday, but gave them to an old timer and his wife that had only caught 3 throwbacks before I remembered to take pics.

Speaking of yesterday, I had some company for a while at my fishin' spot.

DSC02276.jpg

DSC02277.jpg

DSC02278.jpg

These guys weren't bothered by me a bit it seemed, and I got surprising close.

DSC02279.jpg

Rain tomorrow, high winds Wed., and Thanksgiving Thurs. will pretty much shut me down for the rest of the week... but I need to give the Crappie a break anyway.

Captain Ahab said:
Nice photos and great report

What are you fishing >?

90% of the fish bit the Popsicle jig yesterday:
DSC02142.jpg

2" Southern Pro Hot Grub on a 1/16 oz. minnow head jig that I paint to match the grub. Trolled at 1.1 mph in 8-12' of water on 8 and 10' noodle rods with 6-8# test fluorocarbon line. I troll 3 rods at a time (the limit on this lake). I start out with a different color jig on each rod to see what color they like that day an change a second rod to their favorite color when they tell me what it is. I'll keep 1 rod with the second favorite color on it. Yesterday the second favorite color was Electric Chicken, didn't catch many fish on it... but I did catch the big fish of the day with it.

Thanks - I like the Electric Chicken as well - my hot color/lure right now is the Bobby Garland bumble bee (kinda like a tube grub) Black and yellow

I fish them under a weighted casting float and once I find them stacked up it is just fish after fish

Latest posts