21ft flat bottom The "Bucket"

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That boat is lookin sick man! Love how open it is, great for a little drinkin and fishin! Just my style haha...nice job =D> =D> =D> =D> :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer:

Hey tinboaters season is rolling back around and its about time to get back out on the water. Thanks for all the nice comments and stay tuned for updates as we roll slowly into summer!

Well, the first two sturgeon fishing trips of the year have been a bust, yielding only a couple of good bites... it's pretty slow out in the cold water. And to top it off my old humminbird 550 basically bit the dust. Got a new 561 on order, and hoping they start biting again. As for progress, i did get a trolling motor seat installed which should make trolling the lakes for trout and kokanee a little more pleasant this year!

Here is a shot of the trolling seat I added in the stern. It should work out really good. Before there really wasn't much of a way for a person to sit comfortably back there for long periods of time while running the kicker.

The latest catch, this one was 5 inches under legal size, no keepers to the boat yet this year.

Attachments

• 0505131440.jpg
    0505131440.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 1,009
Nice dino! I can't wait to get my boat done and chase one of those down the river. What do you use for bait?

Alex_c said:
Nice dino! I can't wait to get my boat done and chase one of those down the river. What do you use for bait?

Lots of different baits, sand shrimp, squid, shad, worms, herring it all kinda depends on different factors, where abouts are you located?

Picked up a new anchor float, for those who have never seen them they have a one way slider attached to them so when its time to pull anchor you use the boat to pull, then the flotation of the float pulls the anchor as you move forward. Once the anchor has been pulled up to the float you stop the boat and the one way slider holds the anchor at the top while you effortlessly pull the float and anchor to the boat. It saves your back and arms big time.

This is the new one compared to the old one. The old one was rated at 30 lbs lifting capacity, my anchor would easily sink it after pulling it to the surface with the boat. New one is rated at 80lb lifting capacity, it easily holds the anchor at the surface!

Attachments

• IMAG0322.jpg
    IMAG0322.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 934
  • IMAG0323.jpg
    IMAG0323.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 934
We call that a poor mans windlass.......a must when fishing offshore. One time we put the anchor down in 350ft of water and forgot to bring the anchor ball.......that will never happen again. The first thing I always ask my buddie is....did you bring the ball? Try lifting a 35lb danforth with 40' 3/8 ss chain up from 350' buy hand.......it really sucks....took me a day to recover. #-o

bigwave said:
We call that a poor mans windlass.......a must when fishing offshore. One time we put the anchor down in 350ft of water and forgot to bring the anchor ball.......that will never happen again. The first thing I always ask my buddie is....did you bring the ball? Try lifting a 35lb danforth with 40' 3/8 ss chain up from 350' buy hand.......it really sucks....took me a day to recover. #-o

I'm hurting just thinking of that! Great tool for sure!