24 volt system (For trolling motor)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually some what understand it I just dont know what the cable called the "jumper" is... Wich is the wire that connects the two batterys thats not connected to the trolling motor directly..

images

google the 12 volt side of life.its all about wiring batteries for 12 or 24 volts for rv's and it also applies to boats.it will tell/show you all you will ever need to know about batteries.its very informative.

The "12volt side of life" didnt help me... All i want to know is... What is the jumper called? Thats the cable that connects the two batterys..

Bugpac said:
Its called a jumper, its just a battery cable, use the same size wire your using to feed the trolling motor.
Thanks! I belive my wiring on my tm is 8 gauge... Its a 70lb thrust... What do you think?

Can't say for Motorguides, but Minn Kotas generally have 10 gauge leads coming out of the motor. Unfortunately, most of the factory wiring harnesses run 8 gauge bow to stern for the trolling motor circuit, though they really should be using 6 AWG.

If I have my trolling battery in the center bench, and my trolling motor on the front bow, that means I would have to run roughly 10' feet of wire from battery to motor- is this ok to have the length that long? Def adding a amp breaker up front.

Jim

Latest posts