25hp Johnson

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaneo84

Reaction score
Hi there all
Just looking at buying a 2004 Johnson 25hp tiller steer 2 stroke it seems to be very looked after thou I was just wondering anything I should look for are they good motor
Just your general opinions of that model
Thanks Shane

They are extremely good engines. Very durable (with proper servicing and common sense operation) and very easy starting and operating. You will enjoy that engine. Would service the engine completely including water pump immediately so that you have a good starting point and peace of mind.

Pappy said:
They are extremely good engines. Very durable (with proper servicing and common sense operation) and very easy starting and operating. You will enjoy that engine. Would service the engine completely including water pump immediately so that you have a good starting point and peace of mind.

X2!!! in my opinion the 25HP and under 2 stroke johnsons are the cream of the crop!!! i say this because my now 32 yr old 25hp sea horse has ran like a top and never let me down, besides a couple impellers, pumps and plugs thats all my grandpa and me have ever done to it. oh and new lower oil every year. you will be happy with that motor for a long time.

take pappys advice and start off on the right foot.......

My dads a mechanic and he prefers Chevy and Johnson, ever since I was a kid hes driven a,Chevy and foshed oit of something powered by a Johnson.im using his 86 25HP it starts on second pull. And his 93 30HP starys on the secong pull. We also have a 60's model seahorse that starts on the second pull. Great engines. No complaints at all. Before buying check oil and do a compression check. Try to test it on the water if possible

Just bought a boat last year, 1989 fisher with a 1988 48hp spl johnson, on it. I am amazed at how well it runs and idles, pumps water like crazy. Motor looks like it took a beating over the years too, outside missing a lot of paint and dents in it, inside cowling covered in oil and dirt.
Tim

Ive got a 1995 25hp Johnson pull start, 2-stroke, tiller steer. Has been a great, great motor! I fish the hot 100* summer days and duck hunt the cold 20* mornings so I use the heck out of it. I do wish I had an electric start though!