3 new hand paints

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOIST-N-HAWGS

Reaction score
Well, for the last week I've been tearing apart the lures and doing some custom repaint. Here's the 9" Slammer in Light Green Perch, the 7" Slammmer in Rainbow Trout and the Lucky Craft Gun Fish in Yellow Perch. Keep in mind these are done with a spray can and or an artists brush. When I have the extra cake,I'll move up to an airbrush.
Your honest opinion would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• 9 7 LC GF Repaints 004.JPG
    9 7 LC GF Repaints 004.JPG
    145.7 KB · Views: 585
slim357 said:
Doesnt look bad for a hand paint, have you clear coated them yet?

Yes they are clear coated. I was having problems taking pic's due to the glare. I'm also not a big fan of high gloss baits. I'm still working on getting a more uniform clear coat w/o the use of a dryer or spinner.
Try this one.......

Attachments

• LCGF & MS 001.jpg
    LCGF & MS 001.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 582
Those look really good if you ask me. Considering these were done with a brush, I would say they look great. Keep it up, some day I will get into airbrushing too....when I have the time

They look like FOOD

For fish

I bet they work great - I am not a big fan of the super realistic paint jobs - i like what you have done - nice colors that the fish can see - and eat

Thanks guys, it's a bit tedious trying to do these w/o patterns. Picture it in my head, and then transfer to the lure. I'll be much happier once I obtain the proper equipment.