3rd annual TinBoats.net 4th of July Tournament

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my only day to fish....Friday....was a good day on the water....lot's of action...but...couldn't manage a fish over 13".... #-o ....bet we caught over 60 bass....we also fished for 10-1/2 hours....oh well...gave er the best i could....

rain this weekend but i'm sitting at work for 2 days....

waitin and watchin for some of those big boys to start showing up on the page...

Dang it, I don't qualify for this tourney as I didn't join till June :cry:

Maybe the wife will let me go out anyway tomorrow so I can see how I would have done - the entry fee is right in my range :D

Will
:)

forgot that we could enter fish on friday didnt take the camra and sat was a soso day some nice fish caught by one of my daughters and the kids cant get out today congrads to the winner

Got skunked in the worst kinda of way for the tourney. Finally got some fishing time this morning on my parents small pond. Was pulling a trick worm around the dam area (I'm walking) and something slams my worm. I wrestled up a good solid 4 pounder to the edge of the water. The only problem is that the water is about 3 ft below where I'm standing and it's a straight drop off. Hmmm, of course walking I don't have a net with me so there's only one way I'm going to land her and that's just to grab a hand full of line and hoist her up. I'm spooled with 10# flouro so it should hold. Well about half way up as the line is cutting into my finger, she lets out one last flip flop and ker-splash, she shook the hook out of her mouth. Had I not had a camera and cell phone in my pocket I would have jumped in, not that it would have helped matters, but I'd have felt better.

There's always next time.
Poolie

poolie said:
Got skunked in the worst kinda of way for the tourney. Finally got some fishing time this morning on my parents small pond. Was pulling a trick worm around the dam area (I'm walking) and something slams my worm. I wrestled up a good solid 4 pounder to the edge of the water. The only problem is that the water is about 3 ft below where I'm standing and it's a straight drop off. Hmmm, of course walking I don't have a net with me so there's only one way I'm going to land her and that's just to grab a hand full of line and hoist her up. I'm spooled with 10# flouro so it should hold. Well about half way up as the line is cutting into my finger, she lets out one last flip flop and ker-splash, she shook the hook out of her mouth. Had I not had a camera and cell phone in my pocket I would have jumped in, not that it would have helped matters, but I'd have felt better.

Poolie

I know the feeling... caught an 8lb'r at my inlaws lake a while back and ended up dragging her onto the bank - thank God for braided line in those situations... even though I hardly use it any more

poolie said:

Poolie

Why grab a handful of line and not just hoist her up with the rod?

BassAddict said:
Why grab a handful of line and not just hoist her up with the rod?

Just paranoid about breaking a $200 rod. The way my luck goes it could happen.

Any of you that got to get on the water this weekend were winners. Between the wind, the storms, the family activities and the odd jobs around the house, I didn't get to go out a single time. :(

Quackrstackr said:
Any of you that got to get on the water this weekend were winners. Between the wind, the storms, the family activities and the odd jobs around the house, I didn't get to go out a single time. :(

sorry to hear man... I got out Friday with Brine, and Sunday with bassboy1... I'll dedicate a few fish in your honor

russ010 said:
Quackrstackr said:

sorry to hear man... I got out Friday with Brine, and Sunday with bassboy1... I'll dedicate a few fish in your honor

Thanks.

I'm off from work this week and already have today's home projects finished so I think I may head over to the golf course in a bit and beat on the water hazard bass. :lol:

I'll just be a day late should I tie into the whopper that I missed at my feet back in April.

The suspense is killing me!!

Capt - if you caught it on a Fat Boy you have to throw it back... those baits are off limits for this tourney! :---)

I did just get my Fat Boys in the mail today - I can't wait to fish them.... they are definitely FAT

fish devil said:
:twisted: How big was it?

Just a hair under 7 pounds and 24 inches in length! I had to go back and forth between your fish and his fish, comparing eyes and fins and tails. #-o

In the end three sets of eyes agreed that Russ's fish was just an inch or so bigger.

Latest posts