50 hp elpto Merc HELP

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

River

Reaction score
Hey All,
2011 1860 CC grizzly with a 2011 50HP Merc 2 stroke. New to me last summer Ran the boat on Lake Gaston for a 2 week vacation and happy with everything almost. Trying to start the boat 3-4 different times all was dead. No nothing. Thank goodness folks in that part of the country are so helpfull. A marina owner in the area suggested over the pnone I check the wire harness. Im a contracter and carpenter. wire harness is the furthest thing from my experteze ( like spelling) Anyway I looked and the harness had simpley come unpluged Problem solved. Fast forward to today. Crappie spawing at local elec only lake. Reinstalled cranking batt and trolling bat.Outboard will not trim up or crank. Bildge pump and lights work but no power to starter or trim........HELP.....My partners picking me up at noon, were going anyway but I need to solve the outboard challange Batteries were inside all winter and are freshly charged and I checked the obvious fuses.

Thanks, River

Attachments

• MurphyWilson 176.jpg
    MurphyWilson 176.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 310
On some boats there are multiple connections to make at ea. terminal on the battery. For instance there are 3x wires to connect to ea positive and neg. Did you make sure ea. connection has been made? Not switched? Have you looked at the engine harness again?

Nice boat!

Roger that 6gun. The positive connection has 2 circle connectors ? and they are of a different size and do no seat together well on the batterie connection. Makes sence that the 1 connection that works is the FF bilge pump lights. The heaver wire is probally the tilt and start and you may be right a bad connection on the battery.Ill check it tommorow.
Forgot the drain plug today, Glad the bilge pump connection worked.
Thanks...River

Thanks sixgun. Checked this morning and the negative had 3 wires to connect, I had only connected 2 of them.All is well.
Thanks again....River

Latest posts