83 Seanymph mod

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BassChasin

Reaction score
I thought I would maybe start a thread on my build I have a few pics to get started.Although it has taken quite a bit longer than I would have imagined to get to this point.Its coming along slow but sure.Here is what I started out with

Attachments

• boat1.jpeg
    boat1.jpeg
    4.4 KB · Views: 1,942
  • trailer1.jpeg
    trailer1.jpeg
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,942
Here is the trailer with after being stripped down primed and a fresh coat of paint sorry those pics are kind of small.Also here is the start of the front deck.I have only dry fitted this together with a couple of screws just to get everything to fit properly.I will disassemble everything to get it sealed.I called the local paint store and they recommended using a good spar varnish,has anyone used this with good results?

Attachments

• boat3.JPG
    boat3.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 1,931
  • trailer2.jpeg
    trailer2.jpeg
    3.8 KB · Views: 1,931
I have just finished the paint on the bottom of the boat.I let it set for a few weeks with the etching primer only to give it a chance to fully dry and really cure up fully then a light sand with 400 grit really gave me a good base for the paint to be applied over.

Attachments

• boatbottom3.JPG
    boatbottom3.JPG
    286.1 KB · Views: 1,820
  • boatbottom4.JPG
    boatbottom4.JPG
    325.8 KB · Views: 1,820
  • boatbottom5.JPG
    boatbottom5.JPG
    297.2 KB · Views: 1,820
Thanks Jasper.The blue tub is gonna be a livewell I have built a top for it that will be waterproof on the inside and carpeted on the outside I wish I could have had a flush lid like the rest of the doors on the boat,but the size tub I chose was alittle taller than the deck,but I think it will work out ok anyways

I feel like a kid at christmas! My paint finally arrived for the upper part of my boat today! =D> \:D/