9-11..fishing

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slim357

Reaction score
Got to the river at about 6am this morning, temps were in the high 60* (was a nice break from the heat) the sky was overcast but the water was clear (i dont like clear water) pretty much every time out sense I got my new senko mold Ive been throwin senkos, after about 5 minutes of that today i decided to start pitchin a jig, to pockets in the grass. It didnt take long to hook up on the first fish of the day, he was prob about 2-2.5pounds not a bad way to start the day. I fished till about 10 at which point I had 4 large mouths a channel cat, and a small striper. I went home got some lunch, check out the weather, and decided I had better get back out there today as there callin for rain all weekend. So around noon I was headed back to the same spot to try my luck some more. I fished without a bite till about 2pm, when I noticed a nice sized fish cruising the shallows, I start to cast at the fish, he shyd away from my bait for a few casts then after about 5 or 6 casts at him I noticed he had a buddy with him, a little bit bigger too. That fish never had a chance, I sat there and watched him go in for the kill (good thing I could see him tho cuz i sure as heck didnt feel him pick it up). Soon as i was sure he had it i crossed his eyes, he was bigger than the first fish Id say around 3 pounds. (pic sucks I tried two times to get another pic but I kept hitting the on/off button instead of the take the picture button, and didnt want to keep the fish outa the water too long) He was the first large mouth to fall to my fully round senkos.

Attachments

• 9-11-08-2 [800x600].JPG
    9-11-08-2 [800x600].JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 138
  • 9-11-08-1 [800x600].JPG
    9-11-08-1 [800x600].JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 140
Congrats on the fish! Rain forecast the next few days here as well......but, we need it.

ST

Nice catching.
Didn't realize you had eyes:)...nice pics

Nickk said:
Nice job! You fishing the Potomac?
Yes sir.

Zum said:
Nice catching. Didn't realize you had eyes:)...nice pics

Yea i had taken my sun glasses off to fool around with my camera, even tho the sun wasnt out I still wore them while fishin, as I can see farther and deeper into the water with them.

Latest posts