A Video History of my Boats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrSimon

Reaction score
I love this site and I love aluminum boats.

So much so that I made a slideshow of some of the boats I've owned or fished out of over the years. If you like tin boats, you'll enjoy this video.

[youtube]BkMB8HBUEf4[/youtube]

LoL! Glad you liked it.

My wife was telling me the other day that I must be the only guy in the world addicted to buying and selling beat up old aluminum boats.

I said, "Nuh-uh, there is a web forum filled with guys just like me."

She rolled her eyes and said, "Lord help us ...."

MrSimon said:
I love this site and I love aluminum boats.

So much so that I made a slideshow of some of the boats I've owned or fished out of over the years. If you like tin boats, you'll enjoy this video.

Very nice! Just making me itch to get my tin finished and in the water. Looks like you had alot of tins, curious what kind of boat [make/model] was the canoe jon hybrid? Looked pretty cool.

MrSimon said:
LoL! Glad you liked it.

My wife was telling me the other day that I must be the only guy in the world addicted to buying and selling beat up old aluminum boats.

I said, "Nuh-uh, there is a web forum filled with guys just like me."

She rolled her eyes and said, "Lord help us ...."

Love it.................. =D>

panFried said:
curious what kind of boat [make/model] was the canoe jon hybrid? Looked pretty cool.

SportsPal and Raddison are sister companies (I think) that manufactured aluminum canoes that were designed to be very light. They made a handful of different models, some with flat backs. I think SportsPal still makes them, but under the Meyers name .... or something like that.

I paid $100 for mine and it weighted about 35 pounds before I put some bigger seats in.

Its a great boat for hauling back into small lakes and ponds that don't have road access.

Jim said:
my favorite was the Canada shot.....amazing.

I had a radisson canoe. **** paper thin aluminum...almost drowned in it. :LOL2:

LMAO! :lol: Good to know!

panFried said:
Jim said:
my favorite was the Canada shot.....amazing.

I had a radisson canoe. **** paper thin aluminum...almost drowned in it. :LOL2:

LMAO! :lol: Good to know!

Haha, yes .... its pretty scary how thin the aluminum is. I don't know about the newer ones, but mine just had little ribs that just slid in under the gunnels and weren't connected to the hull in any other way. I was able to disassemble the entire boat in about 30 minutes.

Latest posts