Another new guy

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MunkMaster

Reaction score
just picked up my first aluminum boat. 14 foot jon boat i picked up to make into a dedicated duck boat.
also have a 17 ft fiberglass skiff.

Now, the funny story of the boat... I saw it for sale on facebook somewhere and the guy was asking 375, BUT had lost the title before he could get it put in his name. i offered him 200 and could be there in an hour. soooo i got it for 200 bucks! He gave me the name of the owner he had bought it from but said he went overseas and could not get a hold of him. so i searched for about 10 minutes on the internet and everything was leading me to the fact that he lived in my town. so i paid the obligatory 1.00 and received his phone number and address. Called the number.... number no longer exists, looked up his address and it said he still owned it and it happened to be withing 5 miles of my house. so i drove right over and it was his house but he wasn't there so his wife gave me his number and in the end i did all the leg work but he got a new title for the boat in his name and then it over to me. so i have a 14 foot jon boat for 200 bucks!
He went on to tell me that his father had bought the boat when he was 9 years old wich makes the boat made around 1973.

It is a MonArk jon boat but eventually in the 80's was bought bye Sea Ark
here are some pictures, it came painted the dark color but was originally a lighter green, and the seats on it were brand new and never
used.
P.S. sorry for the long winded story.

Attachments

• green boat.jpg
    green boat.jpg
    305.4 KB · Views: 417
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 417

Latest posts