Attaching Seats

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Sequel

Reaction score
I've done hours of reading on the site and love what you've all done with your rigs. My question is, just how are you all attaching your seat mounts to the boat? When attaching a swiveling pedastal mount to an existing seat, can you just use large self tapping metal screws or do you need bolts with nuts? If you need nuts, how are you getting them under an enclosed seat? I see a lot of plywood put on the seats and want to carpet mine but still am not sure how you are attaching the mounts to make is rock solid. Thanks.

after i did my deck, 1drilled a pilot hole through the wood and bench and then put in galvanized lags. probably not what everyone would do but it works for me.
on the package it should tell you what to use. i bought mine from wallyworld, and it said on the package. but somebody here will be able to tell you the right way. good luck and everyone loves pictures

my tracker from the factory uses tee nuts to hold the pedestal down here is a link https://www.fastenersuperstore.com/stores/superstore/step3.cfm?category=Nuts&productCategory=Tee%20Nuts&stage=step3&gclid=CN7TsO6_hZUCFQKJxgodgmJWcQ

Toggle bolts!

234704_300.jpg

Use a SS ring or large washer to help reduce flex

Something else.....if you cover the front & rear sides of the seat with 3/4" plywood (screwed in from the sides), then "cap" the top of the seat with another piece, and screw it to the pieces on the sides, then the shear force is placed on the screws holding the side pieces on, and not a direct upward force on the top cap.

If that makes sense :mrgreen:

ST

That's what I have done and having no troubles.

Since I took this pic I have removed the top portion of the seat holder.

Attachments

• DSC00310.JPG
    DSC00310.JPG
    146.3 KB · Views: 999
There is a different type of toggle anchor on the market called the "TOGGLER". You need to purchase the bolts separately.It is very strong, they are coated against corrosion but I painted them with rustolium for added protection. Good Luck

Mine are attached to 3/4" plywood that sits on top of a frame made of 1x3's. I have 5/16" nuts and bolts with flat and lock washers holding the pedestals down then the entire frame work is attached to the aluminum with about 12 large self tapping screws. So far so good.