Berkley Gulp Alive

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome bait i used them on lake Ontario drop shot-ting for smallies
the price sees high but you get around 40 baits for $20. so its not as bad as you think

Wayne

They came out with alive power worms recently, or im just now seeing them, and I might give them a try. I just dont know if there will be a big difference between them and the regular power worms, and I already have a few 100' bags of my color so it might be awhile before I get around to trying it.

They work magic, but like any other bait only sometimes. I make the wife use them, so that its easier on me when fishing, and she catches some descent bass on the alive minnows. Unfortunately, the price is ridicolous just like the price of every other thing lately.

Great stuff. But...as mentioned above...at times the fish can be "off" that as well. Like any bait.

I've completely outfished my boat partner at times with Alive versus his live bait. But, not every time.

And...against live bait...no livewell to run, can catch mutiple fish on a single bait...

I tried a bunch of the waxies over the winter. Im not sure if it fishes better or worse, but I do like not having to worry about keeping or finding live bait since I tend to decide to go fishing at the spur of the moment and the closest bait shop isnt open at 4AM on a wednesday morning.

Last season I typically kept a small tupperware of corn in the fridge. grab and go and the sunnies went crazy for it. I now have a jar of Alive corn (not sure how that really works...) that can sit all summer and not go moldy.

Ill keep buying the stuff based on the easyness of having good bait on hand.

All I know is that the salt-water version is a go-to bait on the Texas coast. I have tried the maggots and worms for bream and have not had much luck with them over nightcrawlers and other natural baits.

Latest posts