Best sealer for outside jon boat on an edge. of back wall and hull.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hopper33

Reaction score
Have a small leak inside of the boat on the lower left back wall in th absolute lower left corner. There is a metal seam type sheet sticking off at the floor the length of the back left wall. I cannot see behind it, but suspect that a leak into the boat from somewhere behind it. I filled the back end of the boat with water, but nothing conclusive. No obvious rivets leaking

I was thinking about sand down to the metal a about an inch or two on the back side, and bottom of the hull all along the transom side. What would be the best route to ago? I have considered a coat of Gluvit (always fun babysitting the stuff), followed by GOOP Coat it for two coats, then paint for the UV proctection. It may be overkill, but I am tried of spot treating things and being wrong, and want to stop future issues as much as possible. Or, is it not enough? Wrong stuff? Better solution? May be use 5200 along the whole seam bottom edge, since it is easier to get to stay than Gluvit, although probably rubs off faster.

Thank you for any assistance!