best trailer manufacturer for Jon boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oomph

Reaction score
I'm going to upgrade my Jon boat from a 1436 to a 1648 by the end of the summer and will be purchasing a trailer as well. The only boat trailer that I've owned is a LONG trailer and it's done the job for my 1436, but I''ll likely sell it with my 1436 later this summer.

Any advise on a good manufacturer to look into?
Preferably one that has sides that you can stand on for reaching into the boat and climbing in and out of it, good electrical wiring / lighting and easy to load. Something that can serve me if I ever decide to move into a bigger boat.

thanks

I'd just keep an eye on Craigslist and find a used one as long as you're not afflicted with salt water in your area. Everything but the frame will probably need work but it's still cheaper vs. buying something new that will need work sooner or later. Some guys have had really good luck with the Harbor Freight trailer but I think it would be too small for a 1648.

Guy I work with bought a 2nd hand trailer that Tracker Boats usually sit on. Apparently the company who sells the trailers buys them from Tracker and then re-sells them. I suppose blems if I had to guess. It was brand new 1648 trailer, for $375, plus tax. He put his War Eagle 548 on it. Only thing I don't like is that the wheels sit REALLY far toward the stern, making the tongue real heavy. His truck is a 3/4 ton so it doesn't bother it any, but I'm lazy...if I want to pick the tongue up for some reason, like to hook it to the truck, I'd hate to be picking up that much weight. The place was in Northern Arkansas somewhere, seems like in the Jonesboro area?

My Diamond City trailer-brand new when I bought it in 2011, was $1200. I like it. I hated it at first but after it's broken in a little, I am liking it more now. Boat fits it like a glove, but it was made for my particular boat. Also a war eagle 548.

Latest posts