Best Trolling Motor Plug/Receptacle

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can’t speak for the MK one, but the Battery Tender is a very easy twist lock. It is much easier than taking apart the connectors you are using. I have those connectors on all my previous trolling motors, but I called them UPS connectors, for it was the first thing I saw them on. You have to twist and pull them apart. On the the Battery Tender, it is just my thumb and forefinger and no effort at all. I should be able to handle it even if arthritis sets in.

Sorry should have been more clear about which Anderson connector series. I was referring to the SB series. Push straight in, pull straight out. No twisting required. I use them in areas that are somewhat protected from the elements.

The SB series run $6 to $12 per connector assembly depending on the current rating. The contacts are available for different wire sizes. They are not waterproof but, neither are some trolling motor connectors that claim to be.

It’s a good idea to invest in a quality crimping tools, ratchet or even hydraulic crimpers for larger wires. I probably still have one of the cheap slam bam hammer type crimpers around here somewhere but, I haven’t used it in years.

IMG_5550.jpeg

Sorry should have been more clear about which Anderson connector series. I was referring to the SB series. Push straight in, pull straight out. No twisting required. I use them in areas that are somewhat protected from the elements.

The SB series run $6 to $12 per connector assembly depending on the current rating. The contacts are available for different wire sizes. They are not waterproof but, neither are some trolling motor connectors that claim to be.

It’s a good idea to invest in a quality crimping tools, ratchet or even hydraulic crimpers for larger wires. I probably still have one of the cheap slam bam hammer type crimpers around here somewhere but, I haven’t used it in years.

View attachment 123046
They look identicle to what I have used in the past. They push on easily, but have never pulled off like you described. Those hooks on the tip of the lugs snap in and have to over come that to remove them.

They look identicle to what I have used in the past. They push on easily, but have never pulled off like you described. Those hooks on the tip of the lugs snap in and have to over come that to remove them.
Well they work for me and they are not a hundred bucks. Anyway, just throwing alternative out there.

Well they work for me and they are not a hundred bucks. Anyway, just throwing alternative out there.
Yes, I have never had one fail. They work and relatively inexpensive compared to the BT. I think they are the lowest cost solution that provides a very reliable connection. That is why I used them in prior boats.

I plan to use one on my other boat(s). I am glad I went with the BT one for my main one though.

I about have everything rigged up. Just have to cut out and paint the mounting plate. Got the battery mounted on its side under the front deck cubby held in with two pieces of aluminum angle, some toolbox drawer lining as padding, and a rod saver tie down. Routed the wires through the back wall of the cubby (with grommets) and under and up to the correct location on the bow. Cut the hole in the deck with a plunge cut blade on my oscillating saw. Maybe I can wrap it up today.

Latest posts