Bigfoot TM control question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brmurray

Reaction score
can these be wired to control 2 motors simutaneously? Would love to be able to wire to use 2 55 transom mounts at the same time. Thanks for your input.

yes But make sure you use 6ga wire or at least something heavy and don't run 27 miles with it on high. i have 2 - 78 lb 24volt Minnkotas on the rear with the bigfoot wired to the front plus a 24 volt foot controlled in the front (1500 acre TM only lake) With all of them on high youu can pull a water skier but the foot button does get warm if ran for a long period of time

stratosjoe said:
yes But make sure you use 6ga wire or at least something heavy and don't run 27 miles with it on high. i have 2 - 78 lb 24volt Minnkotas on the rear with the bigfoot wired to the front plus a 24 volt foot controlled in the front (1500 acre TM only lake) With all of them on high youu can pull a water skier but the foot button does get warm if ran for a long period of time

Not to hijack the thread, but how the heck is your boat set up Stratos? From this post I am counting at least 6 batteries. But 1500 acres is a heck of a lot of water to cover with electric only.

I was talking with my father in law about this (electrical enginneer from GT) and he has an issue with it. I read this in another post and he nailed me with it off the get go. Voltage loss. I think I am going to pick one up from bass pro and let him tear it apart and see if he can beef it up. I only want to run the transom mounts with it and hope to not be on many 1500 acre lakes. They need charging stations! thanks for the input! :LOL2:

I am no engineer or know nothing about electrical but all summer I have used 2 -24 tm in the back with the bigfoot ran forward with 6ga wire I take the 4 12volt deep cycle batteries and wire for them 24volt then run the neg forward to switch on one side the other side going out to the neg in the back, the button allows juice to goto both the rear motors which I have tightened down on HIGH. The 24 foot controlled in the front is independent with 2 batteries behind front pedestal. I have used this on many lakes as I am from Georgetown,Il Paris Twin lakes , Newton, Olney ,oakland, Lake Vermilion in Danville Il Mingo , I built this boat for a 1500 acre lake near Peoria which I have not fished yet called Emiquon it is a tree hugger facility NO GAS MOTORS allowed at all hence the 20hp that can easily be taken off. My son and I are working on a 36volt 109lb thrust in-board 12' remanufatured river jon. It was tore up in a traffic accd we cut off the transom rebuilt shorter with plans of a briggs center mounted 5hp like a reelfoot boat but i came across a 36volt cheap so we are currently drawing pics and drinking beer in the planning stage.

From what I understand, the right thing to do is to use a relay. That way you can keep the 10ga wire on the switch. What I don't have clarity on is whether or not you can get away with one relay for two motors, or if you need two seperate relays.

bassboy's last project used a relay for this purpose.

Brine you could be right my bigfoot switch has far smaller than 6ga and when I run it for a long time 4-5 blocks it gets warm but so far I have checked everything and so far so good My son gave me a inline breaker to wire in which i did but I don't know when it is set to pop (it hasn't yet)

Latest posts