Bilge Pump

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geozigla

Reaction score
Is their any way i could use AA battterys or some thing like it to power a bilge pump

I seriously doubt it. They are designed to be ran through a 12v source. Even if you could get one to run, I don't think it would run very long before killing those AA's.

I picked up a small portable one that runs on three D batteries Attwood Waterbuster Portable Pump Item:IA-018933 from cabelas for $45. I use this to fill and empty my portable livewell and if I borrow my brothers old 12' jon due to it having no drain. You still might want to look for something a little better and hook it to a small battery. Cheaper in the long run. The atwood pump does a good job for the price.

There was a thread where someone had a small battery something like a motor cycle or tractor battery. I'll see if I can did it up.

https://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp;jsessionid=OZV4LP2DWQETNLAQBBJCCOVMCAEFAIWE?id=0036388018049a&type=product&cmCat=SEARCHFEAT_all&returnPage=search-results1.jsp&Ntk=Products&QueryText=battery&sort=all&_requestid=88600&Go.y=0&N=0&Nty=1&hasJS=true&_dyncharset=ISO-8859-1&_DARGS=%2Fcabelas%2Fen%2Fcommon%2Fsearch%2Fsearch-box.jsp.form23&Go.x=0

I've got 2 of the above batteries in my boat that run LED lights and my rear nav light.... I put them in the boat 4 months ago... and I still haven't charged them yet (but after the other night fishing, I'm going to have to because my nav light was getting a little dim).

russ010 said:
I've got 2 of the above batteries in my boat that run LED lights and my rear nav light.... I put them in the boat 4 months ago... and I still haven't charged them yet (but after the other night fishing, I'm going to have to because my nav light was getting a little dim).

Russ do you have any idea what the life is on those batteries? I mean how many charges or how long will they last?

I dunno.. but I just put mine on the charger last night and after 4 months, it was at 7.5v. I charged it up in about 2 hours on 2amp gel cell, and it was back at 100%. The one I have is a 7.5amp hour battery. The one Cabela's has is an 8amp I think.

These batteries I have are about 3 years old... they came out of some UPS units we had at my military base. They never had a load on them, but were always hooked up and charging.

Latest posts