Bimini top length for 16' alweld.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

juicegoose

Reaction score
I have a 1648VV Alweld modified V with 20" side rails tiller 30hp evinrude. I measured for a top this weekend and would need one 65" wide. That's easy enough. My question is that I use the boat to fish with. I was wanting a bimini top that I could mount in a fashion so that when i'm running I can have the top overhang the back where I sit and steer but stillbut won't get in the way when I stand on the rear platform to fish. The distance from the front platform to rear is 86".

Any recommendations?

No one has a top on their 16' jon that can lend a bit of info on the length of their tops?

Let me see if I can find an old topic on this.

I am interested in this too. I cant have the kids and wife out there all day long without cover from the sun.

did a quick search on "bimin top" on the upper right corner of this page and some very cool threads came up. Try that and see if that helps you at all.

I jut cant get to all the threads anymore, I am missing out too. :lol:

I have the hurricane 2 bow bimini from cabelas on my 1448. Its 5' 6" in length, works just fine. Keeps the back covered for driving/trolling and the front open. One of my favorite additions to my boat. One good piece of advice, get the sliding track for it, gives you and extra couple of feet to move it. That way you can store it in one position and slide it back farther when up.

I got one 4bow on my 16'60' ..its 8' x85" its tall enough I can stand under and I'm 6'2..Really like the shade Its a little tuff to fish out of. But we live with that in summer cause the Sun is really cooking here on Tx coast..When its down its to rear and as close to motor as can get and motor tilt up and down..so its out of way then

Latest posts