Black RTV to patch plastic carb parts?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IT LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS! Many thanks to @lckstckn2smknbrls and @LDUBS for pointing me in the right direction.

It looks like OMC changed the part number in 93 but not the actual part. 0396605 and 0397189 are not listed as compatible parts but they show cross OEM instillation on every 15hp motor and under from '86-98 on marineengines.com. Palmer Power shows the 7189 as a replacement part for the 6605 as well. It figures that google would finally show me the correct answer once I had it figured out...

I'm going to order one and will update once it arrives an I can look them over side by side.

Last edited:
No kidding. I'm debating ordering everything I would need to do a full rebuild on it so that I have the parts if I need them later. I know parts motors are cheap in some parts of the US but around me they are $200+ for a seized motor on marketplace. I don't bother with craigslist because it is about 90% scammers or "I know what I have" people.

No kidding. I'm debating ordering everything I would need to do a full rebuild on it so that I have the parts if I need them later. I know parts motors are cheap in some parts of the US but around me they are $200+ for a seized motor on marketplace. I don't bother with craigslist because it is about 90% scammers or "I know what I have" people.
You might get a " factory" rebuild kit for the carb itself, not only all the parts you need to replace but instructions for setting up the carb for your engine. Might be a little pricey, but normally far better results !!