Bleumunkie's Tracker 1436

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bleumunkie

Reaction score
After spending quite a bit of time checking out all the amazing builds here, I've got a pretty solid idea of what i want to do.

Boat and trolling motor where acquired from in-laws that moved to Georgia and didn't want to take it.

Obligatory before pics:
(Please excuse the garage clutter. Boxes had to be rapidly moved to accommodate the boat.)

before1.jpg

before2.jpg

before3.jpg

before4.jpg

before5.jpg

before6.jpg

and here is the proposed layout:
Stock:
layoutbefore.jpg

After:
back red = Bench height deck with removable rear cover.
front red = deck at half height to level front floor. Available storage underneath.
Green = foam between ribs, carpet board over top for level trip hazard free floor
blue = half height storage box.
purple = accessory shelf

layoutafter.jpg

Other non visible improvements will include livewell in center bench, and yet to be determined battery storage (most likely worked into front of center bench.)

I like it!! I see a gas tank in the rear, you didn't mention a motor. Is there one or if not, whats the plan?

hueydr said:
I like it!! I see a gas tank in the rear, you didn't mention a motor. Is there one or if not, whats the plan?

I have a 1972 Ted Williams 7.5. I got it off CL for $120. I'd like to get something 9.9 and Water Cooled. But I've had this out on the water and it runs great, but loud.

If all else fails - I'll run it this summer and get a new 9.9

outboard1.jpg

outboard2.jpg

MinnowFaces said:
That's a cool looking motor. I've never seen one like that before.

Its very interesting. Its a 7.5hp Tecumseh air cooled engine with a water cooled lower exhaust in the leg.

Its very cool but quite loud.

This is with absolutely no cleaning at all when I got it home. The guy i bought it from said that he used it maybe twice and then moved, stored it in his basement since.

Once I got it home I totally believe him.

motor1.jpg

motor2.jpg

So I finally got to do some work on it this weekend. Bought some supplies and got to it.

So obligatory pics and such:

3-3test.jpg

Got started with framing. Using 2x3's for framing. The idea is to flatten out the front, giving a low deck. Since its a 36" width in the bottom keeping it low is going to be important.

3-3drop.jpg

3-3stack.jpg

Stacking the 2x3's gives me the perfect height. I also added a center support to make sure it didnt sag.

3-3support.jpg

Here is a bit more of the framing built out. Both from the front and side.
3-3framingfront.jpg

3-3framingside.jpg

After plywood applied over the top:
3-3plywood.jpg

cut a door for a SMALL area for rope etc.
3-3door.jpg

and the whole thing is removable for cleaning and maintenance.
3-3removeable.jpg

Other work not pictured - I laid down 1" thick foam board between the middle and back seat that will be for sound / supporting a thin board and carpet.

That's it for today. Sorry its been slow - I work 6 days and its been pretty cold here and my garage is unheated.

How did you get the proper shape when you cut your front floor to fit the contour of the walls?

Thx

Scott1298 said:
How did you get the proper shape when you cut your front floor to fit the contour of the walls?

Thx

You measure a few points along the length of the boat and play connect the dots with a slightly flexible piece to get the curves.

for example I first cut my piece square the length and width I needed. which was 47" long x 40.5" wide.

curves1.jpg

Then I would measure the width of the boat at some points along the lenth. I chose four points the two ends, and two about the 1/3 and 2/3 mark. Know how far these points are from one edge of the board.

for example, one of my points was something like 36" from the middle seat, and 36.5" wide. (not exact, just for example)

40.5" - 36.5" is 4". now you have to remove 4" of material at that point, but from both sides. so you measure in 2" on each side. Draw an X.

you'll get something that looks like this after your done.

curves2.jpg

Now, if you play connect the dots with a straight edge, you'll either end up too wide, have jagged cuts, or come off the wall of the boat a noticeable amount.

curves3.jpg

however, if you use something stiff, but flexible in a direction (I used a section of foam board I had left over) you can connect the dots and get a nice pretty arc like so.

curves4.jpg

I used a circular saw with a small blade to cut off my edges. Test fit, and make any adjustments. It probably won't be PERFECT, but it should get you **** close. I didn't have to make any adjustments because I plan on putting some thin carpet over anything which will fill in the small voids that where left quite nicely

Wow, a carpenter AND computer whiz!!! =D> If the women don't find you handsom, they'll always find you handy. :wink:

Thx

Scott1298 said:
Wow, a carpenter AND computer whiz!!! =D> If the women don't find you handsom, they'll always find you handy. :wink:

Thx

My wife says that she fines me handsome, but really I think its just to butter me up and get me to cross off more from the honey do list

So I've been fishing when I can, and working the rest of the time. So it hasn't been going very quickly. BUT I was very inspired by another mod on here (that is escaping me tonight) with the LED lights. So I HAD to do it myself.

I got the basic LED's at https://www.oznium.com. my boat is a cobble together for fishing so I didn't need the finished look of the more expensive ones, plus they were out of the green when I looked and i'm an impatient man.

I have not made it to making a panel yet, so I have a small 7A 12v battery inside an ammo can that I also mount my switch to.

so without further wait.....

Attachments

• frontindark.jpg
    frontindark.jpg
    953.9 KB · Views: 803
  • Front.jpg
    Front.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 803
  • LFLit.jpg
    LFLit.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 803
  • RFLit.jpg
    RFLit.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 803
  • LFLight1.jpg
    LFLight1.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 803
  • RFLight.jpg
    RFLight.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 803
  • FrontTube.jpg
    FrontTube.jpg
    996.7 KB · Views: 803
  • RearTube.jpg
    RearTube.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 803
  • RearRun.jpg
    RearRun.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 803
  • Switch.jpg
    Switch.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 803
  • Battery.jpg
    Battery.jpg
    344.2 KB · Views: 803
  • Can.jpg
    Can.jpg
    245.9 KB · Views: 803
My next step is to put clear silicone over the LED's and holes in the front to make sure everything is waterproof and not rubbing on edges.

But that's going to be tomorrow after I make a trip to the hardware store.

Latest posts