Build a jet boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love your idea!

I have also been wanting a jet for a loooong time. I have been kicking around the idea of a 1648 tracker grizzly (rated for 50hp max) rigged with a center console from www.akmccallum.com with a Yamaha 4 stroke 60/40 jet.

I would like to get a hold of a new tohatsu MD35 JET. Its a 3cyl 50hp power head with 35hp at the pump. It only weighs 197 lbs. Thats less than the Merc 25/20 4 stroke jet. I would think it's power to weight would provide more speed than the heavier and only 5 more ponies of the 4 stroke 60/40 yamaha????

Of course the guys on here really like the OMC's that Lil Blue Rude mentioned. They are impossible to find where I live though.

JohnT said:
I was think long and hard about the 14x48 because it's just me and my son most of time and wife don't fish she just rides along and reads a book in the back of boat .
I couldn't believe that it was rated for , when most of the boats that size are only rated for 25 hp . I don't sounds likea good deal either way .
Jamie what kind of Litho press is that in your pictures ?

I kicked around the idea of a Merc 40/30 jet on a Tracker Grizzley 1448 rigged with a CC. Now that would be fun!

The tracker is rated for a 25hp but with a console it "SHOULD" be higher. They don't say so on thier webisite though!

JohnT said:
I have watched all your videos ,Jamie . And many more , Way cool ! Just riding on the river . Well I found a boat company that fit my needs . Alweld makes a couple different boats a 14x48 with a 40 hp rating and a 16x48 with a 50 hp rating . =D> Now I can work within the state laws and have a good time . I think that 14x48 would be a one hell of a ride with a 40 hp on it . But I'm probably going to go with the 16x48 or a 15x52 . I can't wait

The 1552 is so awesome!
Alweld04.jpg

Here is a shot of the 1448 with no center seat rated for 40hp. 60/40 jet !
1448vvlaaw.gif

Now thats what I'm talking , That boat is very nice ! That is my perfect boat for me , handle a 40hp to 50 hp haul a couple buddys and your set , get max performance for a reasonable price . :wink: And you don't have to refinance the house to have one ,it you know what I mean .
All and by the way Alweld boats have .100 thick floor on there boats that I've been looking at . Sounds like a good quality boat to me .

That would be a nice strong compact unit for sure and would be a good runner with a 60/40 or one of those new Tohatsu 50/35s on there.Looking at 6 thousand plus for them motors though #-o

Latest posts