Cedar Creek lake Texas 3/21-22-25-26-27

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackieblue

Reaction score
3-21
This was a day on the water with the Everett brothers, James and Jason, better known as Booger and Hooter. They were joined by cousins - inlaws and outlaws - Brian Fraley and Chris Wiygle. The day started off with a big gator gar by Jason and he soon followed it with the largest fish of the day, a 10.4 lb blue cat. The day's take was 81 nice blues. We fished shallow all day in three feet of water or less, with fresh dead shad and some cut gizzard shad. The fish would not all fit on the table so the tub holds the overage.
3-21-09_81_524.79201840.jpg

3-22
Mr. Kent Demaree and his nephew Tanner , of Forney, put in a half day trip this afternoon.Tanner was the star of the outing landing two pending Cedar Creek Lake youth records. Catching an Alligator Gar going 7.5 lb. and a Channel Cat weighing 3 lb. The final tally was sixteen nice blues, three gar, and one channel. Two full gallon bags of blue cat fillets or about sixteen lb.
3-22-09_te-kd_541.80194313.jpg

3-25
Lonnie and LeAnn Shields of Spearman, TX put in a half day of fishing, finishing up at 12:30 with 48 blues, two channels, a drum, and a hybrid..This trip was a present from their children. I do believe it was the proper choice because they had a really good time. Lonnie wanted to catch a big catfish and hung into and landed a 36.5 lb'er on the second bite. LeAnn was in on the action hot and heavy, catching a big drum, along with the most fish. The morning was near perfect for wind and temperature... we made it off the lake just ahead of the storms
3-25-09_ls_544.83163845.jpg

3-25-09_ls_558.83164030.jpg

3-26
LeAnn and Lonnie Shields on day two. The change in the weather and water temperature moved or scattered the fish.. We hit eights different spots with little to show for the effort until around noon. Lonnie did managed to land another nice fish going just over 34 lb., LeAnn pulled in one of 19.4 lb. The two big fish were photographed and released leaving the total for today at 32. All fish caught on rod&reel in very shallow water using fresh dead shad. The 34# cut up a lot and took about ten minutes to land.
3-26_ls_34_lb_561.84194147.jpg

3-26_ls_570.84194449.jpg

3-27
My ole partner Albert Lee Green along with Steve Haynes, Jason Burleson(former UT football player) and his son Lance put in a brutal day of fishing on cc today. Thirteen year old Lance Burleson, was the star of the day catching the most fish by a long shot. Albert took big fish honors with a 19 lb. blue. The final count was 43 catfish. The day started off Ok and soon it was bad weather as the wind and rain drove us off the lake. The next order of business was a side tip to Xtreme BBQ. The weather cleared and we were back on the lake in short order. We soon faced one of three afternoon showers that we fished through. The last one was a doozy and soon the west wind was howling and cc looked like the gulf. We took the shortcut thru the Valentine forrest and sloshed back into Sandy shores, all showing signs of being wet and cold.
3-27_ag_572.85200440.jpg

3-27_ag_575.85200747.jpg

For full reports, rates and latest trips see my website:
jackiekennedy

Nice catchin.

There's a limit on catfish. He follows it. Limits are set so the resource is not depleted. A freezer keeps the fish from going bad if not immediately eaten. I don't know where ya'll see a problem ...

FishinsMyLife said:
Nice catchin.

There's a limit on catfish. He follows it. Limits are set so the resource is not depleted. A freezer keeps the fish from going bad if not immediately eaten. I don't know where ya'll see a problem ...

The problem is I'm hungry now!

Yes, the fish are being eaten. why else catch&clean them. Texas has a limit of 25 blues per day per person. Cedar Creek has an ample supply and has for years. I've been fishing this lake since 1966. I'm the only full time catfish guide working the lake but lots of people fish it for catfish. They taste great out of the lake. I eat em twice a week.
3-30
Another windy spring day with the water temp below 60, the sun only showed up for about thirty minutes. Jan Owens of Eustace, TX joined me for a morning trip. Her largest fish went 15 lb, the days take was 17 blues, 1 channel, and three legal hybrids. Not a banner day but all things considered not all that bad. We came off anchor once and had to pole off the bank, the wind was really getting it around 11 AM. A very ruff ride in from the North end.
3-30-09_jo_578.88194600.jpg

3-30-09_jo_580.88194657.jpg

Latest posts