Center Bench Seat Storage Ideas?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hcr32

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Looking for some ideas to make a storage hatch.

I have a 14' Princecraft Springbok and I want to cut some holes in the top of the center bench, remove some styrofoam and make a storage compartment to store my Plano boxes, tackle etc.

Just looking for some ideas/pictures to see what others have done.

Thanks

Center bench made into storage.

photo1.jpg

There is actually a lot of room down there.
photo3.jpg

photo.jpg

Wow, thats awesome.

What kind of fabric is wrapped on there? Some sort of vinyl?

This is my 12" Thomson I did a cooler and 4 Plano boxes I have room for one more
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363265895.446753.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363265912.483954.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1363265944.872289.jpg

Oh you dot see it in the pics but it locks so you don't have your tackle stolen

easiest way would probably be like aarons. cut plywood to fit on the bench then cut out your hatch. i routered mine out then added a hatch.. though mine is inside the front bench which is part of the support for my front deck. holds tackle, scales and im gonna be keeping a soft cooler in there aswell. cant seem to have enough storage space on these little boats

2013-03-04_16-24-33_368_zps57dd4081.jpg

2013-03-04_16-26-12_295_zps8654b9bd.jpg

My cooler I made to fit used foam insulation and construction grade adhesive made to fit perfectly any an all pressure is put against the walls of the seat

Check my thread 12" Thompson restore and mod you might get some ideas

Just wanted to point out that more than likely, you'll want a leak-proof hatch. What's the need of having storage if everything gets soaked when it rains? Rusts, rots or mildews...

HCR - My boat is smaller than yours so I did not want to sacrifice too much floatation. I decided to do a tempress hatch waterproof with a cam lock. for the inside I went to tap plastics, built a cheap box to use as an insert but you can also buy inserts. I insulated with mylar bubble insulation wrap and sealed/screwed the hatch in place, please look at my build thread in the signature for pics.

Thanks for all the tips guys.

I started building mine yesterday and will post up some pictures when Im done!

Thanks again!

Latest posts