Clear Coat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BAY BEAGLE

Reaction score
Weather is almost to the temperatures needed for my paint job.
I will be using Fasco's 9x paint. My question regarding clear coat .... does the final coat of paint need to be tacky to apply, or be completely cured, before applying.
Looking to go with this ....
279054717_10222196798808327_543726799477723456_n.jpg

Quote from their web site: VHT FlameProof Coating will renew and extend the life of any surface exposed to extremely high temperatures. This unique coating is a matte-finish, silicone ceramic base widely used by the automotive industry on exhaust systems and the aerospace industry for jet engines, reentry vehicles and other high-temperature applications. VHT FlameProof Coating will withstand intermittent temperatures up to 2000 °F (1093 °C) and is ideal for use on headers, exhaust systems or wherever an extreme-temperature coating is needed.

No I don't need high temps, but the product works well with epoxy paint, from my understanding.

Other recommendations welcomed -

The old rule of thumb for epoxy paints and primers is that it sticks to everything, and everything sticks to it…with proper preparation.

Another great high solids clear coat that has excellent UV inhibitors is Universal Clear from Southern Polyurethanes. I have used SPI products for over 15 years and must say they are fantastic.

https://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/