Cold Windy Flurries FISH!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tailgrabber

Reaction score
Got out on Tuesday with a load of bad conditions so I thought. Landed huge numbers of fish, over 30 from 2:30-7:00. Mostly LMB and Crappie. All the Crappie and most of the Bass come off the fly rod using the clouser minnow. Several Crappie were very fat and plus or minus 12 inches.
Switched to a spinnerbait for a while and landed a pig of a bass, along with bunch of smaller ones. Then got a few more on an x-rap. Could not believe the fish were so active.
0407091745.jpg

0407091743.jpg

0407091655b.jpg

0407091655a.jpg

Nice catch! Those Bass are pretty dark. The Crappie i have been catching are black, but they are white Crappie. I guess it is because they are spawning.

ilinimud said:
Nice catch! Those Bass are pretty dark. The Crappie i have been catching are black, but they are white Crappie. I guess it is because they are spawning.

The different colors generally depend on how deep the fish have been... darker the color - more shallow bass... if the bass have almost no color - they have usually been deep and have come up to more shallow for feeding.

Nice fish =D> I thought the color of fish was also due to cold and warm water conditions?? I know in ponds anyway if i catch fish from march through around first part of May the bass are usually light colored and as the water temp rises,the fish get darker colored. Not saying any of the guys comments are wrong but this is just my experience here in MO. Anyway,congrats on the fish :)

Thanks.. Been out a few more times since then, Not the same numbers but good fishing still. 2 nights ago took nothing but a flyrod and landed 5 bass 1 around 3.5lb +. All came of a top water plug. Tonight they were back on the clouser. Anyone close to Pike county want to give this lake a shot let me know.

Nice fish ! Water clairty also has a lot to do with the coloring of fish , Murky dirty water causes them to be pale while clear water makes their markings stand out . Deep water fish (cold) have supurb color . Sometimes what they eat also can change their color .
As for Crappie .. White Crappie will get darker spots but I have never known them to turn dark overall .. You sure they were Black Crappie ?
Thanks fr the report ;)

Latest posts