Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Waiting for my “Flowrite” power stream aerator to get here so I can finish rigging my livewell. :mrgreen:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9alLlfFgNWQ

I know you guys that fish offshore have probably heard about this,

Painting the live bait well blue helps keep the bait calm, and keeping them calm help keep them friskier and alive longer. And while I would never paint the inside of a polyethylene bait tank in fear of the toxins from the paint killing the bait I’m going to paint the outside.
The tank is somewhat transparent and while I’m not sure exactly how much it would help, I know it can’t hurt. When it comes to fishing I want ever possible advantage I can. when I fish live bait I want them frisky………………………………… :mrgreen:

Hey Dave, I have seen on more than one occasion people using thin pvc board on the inside of square wells....I am not sure where they get it, but you can block behind the corners and put a nice radius on each corner, then they simply glue or glass the very thin board to the side of the well, except for the corners. I have also seen where they use 3-4 in pipe in the corners for support. I have seen it in light blue and it looked very nice.

bigwave said:
Hey Dave, I have seen on more than one occasion people using thin pvc board on the inside of square wells....I am not sure where they get it, but you can block behind the corners and put a nice radius on each corner, then they simply glue or glass the very thin board to the side of the well, except for the corners. I have also seen where they use 3-4 in pipe in the corners for support. I have seen it in light blue and it looked very nice.

Thanks bro I might end up doing something like that. I was just doing the math and the 800GPH works out to be about a 5gallon bucket of water about every 23 seconds. No way my single drain is going to keep up. Looks like I’m going to have to plum an overflow, and a **** big one at that…………………………………. :LOL2:

I am with you on the big overflow. IMO changing as much water as possible in a short time is what bait likes.....the venturi tube you showed earlier is nice, but I would rather have that water flowing through the entire system in a quick cycle.....especially for fragile baits like threadfins and speedo's.......that and the scum goes out of the tank thus making the bait happier. When we do our offshore tournaments we will have over 100 baits that we need to keep alive for 4 days. The wells are huge and we use twin 1600 gph pumps. Keep hacking you guys are so close.....BB has to be loosing his mind by now...... 8)

bigwave said:
I am with you on the big overflow. IMO changing as much water as possible in a short time is what bait likes.....the venturi tube you showed earlier is nice, but I would rather have that water flowing through the entire system in a quick cycle.....especially for fragile baits like threadfins and speedo's.......that and the scum goes out of the tank thus making the bait happier. When we do our offshore tournaments we will have over 100 baits that we need to keep alive for 4 days. The wells are huge and we use twin 1600 gph pumps. Keep hacking you guys are so close.....BB has to be loosing his mind by now...... 8)

Thanks bro,

Yeh I’m with you on moving the water that’s why I got the 800GPH pump. I think I can have both. I just love the idea of continually oxygenating the water with that venturi tube. I wish I was the one who thought that system up. :LOL2: Making sure the system has adequate flow is the key for sure.
I got the pump for it now I just have to make sure I can get it draining good.

I already added another drain/overflow. I’ve just have to 5200 it in and I don’t feel like playing with that chit tonight. I also now have to find another matching through hull fitting like the one I have. Can’t have two through hull fitting side by side that don’t match. :LOL2: Anyway now I’ve got to drill another hole in the side of the hull, prep it and 5200 the chit out of it. Slow and steady wins the race, that’s what I keep telling myself. :mrgreen:
I’m sure BB is chopping at the bit.

Thanks bro,

Yeh I’m with you on moving the water that’s why I got the 800GPH pump. I think I can have both. I just love the idea of continually oxygenating the water with that venturi tube. I wish I was the one who thought that system up. :LOL2: Making sure the system has adequate flow is the key for sure.
I got the pump for it now I just have to make sure I can get it draining good.

I already added another drain/overflow. I’ve just have to 5200 it in and I don’t feel like playing with that chit tonight. I also now have to find another matching through hull fitting like the one I have. Can’t have two through hull fitting side by side that don’t match. :LOL2: Anyway now I’ve got to drill another hole in the side of the hull, prep it and 5200 the chit out of it. Slow and steady wins the race, that’s what I keep telling myself. :mrgreen:
I’m sure BB is chopping at the bit.
[/quote]

Looking great so far, and clean!!! 800gph is a lot, but I understand why you guys use these larger ones. I think the one for my pond waterfall is 800GPH :shock: What a nice livewell to be chillin in bait fish!

Hey thanks jvanhees,

I’m hoping to have the live bait well completed this weekend if I get all my parts. That will be a pretty big step. Just chipping a way at it. Most of the stuff that’s left is hopeful going to go fast.

Country Dave said:
Hey thanks jvanhees,

I’m hoping to have the live bait well completed this weekend if I get all my parts. That will be a pretty big step. Just chipping a way at it. Most of the stuff that’s left is hopeful going to go fast.

I wish I knew what that even meant!! lol so far out on mine. Good to see yours coming to a completed project

I received my through hull fittings and inlet fill tube from "Flow-Rite" today,

Now I have everything I need to install, rig and complete my livewell installation. Going to my grandson’s baseball games in the morning, games are back to back. After that we will get a bite to eat so I won’t be home until 2:00 or so. Then it’s on. :LOL2: I have all day Sunday as well so it’s going to get done. I got a little start tonight and painted the outside of the livewell.

javascript:newPopup('https://www.flow-rite.com/files/file/video/psa_video.html');

Attachments

• 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    714.9 KB · Views: 830
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 830
  • 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 830
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    778.8 KB · Views: 830
Looks good Dave, correct me if I am wrong......are you ever going to see the sides of the livewell? Dang dude you have thought every inch of your project out.....keep moving on...... =D>

bigwave said:
Looks good Dave, correct me if I am wrong......are you ever going to see the sides of the livewell? Dang dude you have thought every inch of your project out.....keep moving on...... =D>

LOL Yes I’m going to see the sides “all 4 of them” and the bottom from the inside only,

I painted the outside light blue only because the polly livewell tank is somewhat transparent. So from the inside the tank looks light blue so the bait will feel at home. It keeps them calm and they last longer.
Did you fix you’re Johnson problem yet? :LOL2: Did you get the shift linkage disconnected?

Hey bro no way I’m going to be able to run up there tomorrow. My boys have back to back games and there probably not going to be over until noon. Good luck, catch um up……….. :mrgreen:

DOBSONFLY said:
Livewell parts look great, be excited to see the final install and assembly. 8)

Thanks DOBSONFLY,

Well it’s been a bit problematic. Between the inclement weather and not having much time to work on her it’s proving to be painfully slow. :LOL2: I ran into a few interference issues that I had to work out and that slowed down the process as well.
I did however make some good progress and should be wrapping up that part of the build soon. The fill pump in mounted and plumed complete with ball/shutoff valve.

Both the drain through hull fittings have been installed and 5200 in. The livewell itself is plumed and ready to go. I just finished the LED back lighting last night. It’s pretty bright I can’t wait to see how it looks from inside the livewell when the lights are on.
The livewell is transparent so I painted the outside of it light blue. I think it’s going to look pretty cool when it’s back lit.
I have to pick up one fitting that I’m missing and cut some supports and then I can assemble it. Completion and pics in the next couple of days.

Latest posts