Country Dave’s Lowe 1752 modification/restoration project.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks guys,

I have another one I'm going to mount inboard of the rail up on the bow and I'm going to have to fab something for the center that is outboard of the rail. The trick to making them stay put is to put a nice bend in um. I have a pretty good idea of how I'm going to make and mount the center one. I'm working on the u brackets for the rear legs of the polling platform.

The base of the platform in done. I will snap some pic's tonight. Its so close. I want to send her out for the "Seadek" in 2 weeks. I just have to finish and mount the polling platform before I do.

Ya those pushpole holders are nice, because a lot of times you won't pole a flat, and those holders have a tendency to catch line when a fish tries to run under the boat...

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=339296#p339296 said:
Gators5220 » Yesterday, 21:23[/url]"]Ya those pushpole holders are nice, because a lot of times you won't pole a flat, and those holders have a tendency to catch line when a fish tries to run under the boat...

True dat Gator,

Yeh I really like them, I had the same ones on my 1448.

I got the plain old Stiffy nylon push pole mounts. If they give me too much hell I will jerk em out and add ones like yours. They do come in handy and reduce fly line snags.

Looking GREAT as usual brother. Big gave it away and plans are to go to "the dark side" indeed. Been going back and forth and pretty much decided on an
Andros Cuda 23'. It won't be this year with the retirement planning underway but I have worked out a deal and ordered a 2014 Etec 200HO 3.3 V6 engine to power it.
I lucked out on the engine and working with an Evinrude Prostaff member. They will run the engine for about 80 hours and pull it to sell it to me under the agreements of their contract with Evinrude. The engine is running me $11,000 vs double that. Slowly but surely.

Attachments

• ffeef1424f0f9f902c31a5af0fad9deb_f83.jpg
    ffeef1424f0f9f902c31a5af0fad9deb_f83.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 626
  • 984a6210c46c68584d308586b2b04be5_f86.jpg
    984a6210c46c68584d308586b2b04be5_f86.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 626
  • 28d4a2c3944bca6bb512ff3d35c803e5_f212.jpg
    28d4a2c3944bca6bb512ff3d35c803e5_f212.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 626
BB that is so bad azz,

Congratulations. Andross boats are now sponsoring fishing the flats with Henry Waszczuk. I've never been on one but I've heard really good things about them.
are you going to sell the tin or keep it.

Thanks Brother.... not sure if I will keep the SeaArk or not. Depends where we end up here before too horribly long. Better half graduates on May 3rd and I would think we'll know more before then.

BB

Hey that pretty cool BB, tell her the boys from tin boat .net said congratulations. =D>

Well last week was pretty much a wash as far as making any real progress on the skiff,

I was out of town most of the week, back in town late Friday and went into the office on Saturday. I did play a little yesterday and made the U- brackets for the rear legs of the polling platform and grinded the welds down on the pooling platform deck. The 2x4s with the notches in them are to hold the platform deck in place while I measure and mark the length and angles for the legs.

Attachments

• 017.JPG
    017.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 553
  • 016.JPG
    016.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 553
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 553
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 553
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 552
Wish my less productive weekends on my boat, were as productive as yours bud. Can't wait to see that poling platform your fabbing up.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340095#p340095 said:
Gators5220 » Yesterday, 23:15[/url]"]Wish my less productive weekends on my boat, were as productive as yours bud. Can't wait to see that poling platform your fabbing up.

Hey thanks Gator,

I am so freaking close. I was able to measure and cut the rear legs for the polling platform last night and I'm going to do the front ones tonight. Then in the next day or two weld the legs to the base and then I can send it out to be powder coated.

I will also then be able to send her out to get measured for the "Seadek" I will touch up the engine cowling and put on the new decals.

It's time for the fish to get scared.............................. :mrgreen:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340142#p340142 said:
smackdaddy53 » Today, 15:22[/url]"]Awesome Dave! I am happy for you and hope I get mine done soon, the suspense is killing me. Your boat is sweet!

Smack its killing me too bro......................... :LOL2:

It's crazy how fast the time goes by. I looked at the first post of your build thread and you're coming up on a year in just a couple of mounts. 3/22/14 Crazy right. There were a few defining moments if you will, things that I guess you cold say were mile stones. When the transom was completed, when she got paint, the freaking console etc.

Anyway non bigger "as far as I'm concerned" than when the "Seadek" is completed. Really the last piece of the puzzle. I'm trippin, I think its going to look pretty freaking cool, not to mention is the chit as far as dampening sound and it great on the feet, knees and back. I really think it's going to be the key piece to pull this build together and pretty cool that its the last piece.

You're build is pretty freaking sweet to bro.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340164#p340164 said:
RiverBottomOutdoors » 23 minutes ago[/url]"]I'm waiting on you to put the SeaDek on! Hurry the f--- up! hahaha ;-)

LMAO Just a week or so brother......................... :mrgreen:

Outstanding, you're getting there and about to wrap it up. I got very luck today, the lad I ordered the Etec from (200HO) ordered a second one when he had the chance. So instead of an engine with 100 hours on it, for $400 more or $11,500 I'm getting a brand new 2014 Etec 200HO in the box. Best price I had out the door with tax was $15,836. I figure by the time it's shipped to me I'll be at $11,800 so a savings of $4,000. **** sure pays to join various forums and read and post which is how I found this chap.

Now to save save save so I can have the boat built lol.

BB

Hey very cool BB,

I cut the last leg for the polling platform and will weld everything together her in the next couple of days. I added a pop up cleat to the port corner cap and a conventional one on the port side bow next to the trolling motor.

I also made some push poll holders and got them installed. Also cut the 0.90 for the top of the platform and riveted it on. I think I'm going to stitch weld the top on and remove the rivets so the "Seadek" lays out without any issues.

Attachments

• 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 759
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 759
  • 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 759
  • 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 759
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
  • 002.JPG
    002.JPG
  • 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 759
Looking real good Dave.....Are you going to put a logo on the top of the platform? A snook in the seadeck would look good IMO. I am back on the grid, I move to a new house this last weekend......still unpacking but should start my glass boat real soon.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=340856#p340856 said:
bigwave » 8 minutes ago[/url]"]Looking real good Dave.....Are you going to put a logo on the top of the platform? A snook in the seadeck would look good IMO. I am back on the grid, I move to a new house this last weekend......still unpacking but should start my glass boat real soon.

Hey Big good to here from you bro,

I was thinking maybe on the cooler. Have you been able to do any fishing? I cant wait to go out and start spanking them. Good luck wit the new place.

Latest posts