Cranking reel

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it has to be more than the finish. The weights are different enough to warrant the question. 6.7 to 7.1 lb.

Here's the comparisons link.

https://lews.com/reels.htm

ok there is some differences. the drag etc. So lets rephrase. Russ010 told me the 89.00 reel fishes the same as the 139.00. Thats all i know, I haven't used one yet.

Troutman3000 said:
Thats what I mean Bugpac. I'll take Russ's word for it. He doesnt have a problem dropping money on reels thats for sure.

I agree, he will throw down 200+ no problem, If he says the 89.00 is a good buy I am on it.

shamoo said:
I'm thinking bout the Revo winch or the BPS Pro Qualifier

I have the BPS Qualifier 4.7:1, a very nice reel for the money. One caveat, go to the store, open a few, and try them out. I didn't do this and got a bad one. I also have a Revo Toro...wicked awesome!

I dont know what cranks you are gonna throw, but my lipless rod(also throw 100's and 200's, anything down to 8 feet) has a shimano curado e50, which does come in a lefty! I dont think you really need that low 5.XX gear ration until you are cranking deeper than 15+ but that is just my opinion!
Jeff

I thro dd 22 on a 6 ratio. I dont mind it at all, i reel slow, and sometimes fast that way. I use the exact same setup to burn traps.

Seems like I read some were that lews reels were made by Daiwa. I own allot of reels but my favorite would have to be my curado 200e7. Once i cleaned all the grease out of the spool bearings it cast so much further I'm talking 70 yards with 3/8 once lure. It is setting on top of a flats blue 7.9' rod spooled with 14lb fire line I had 20lb power pro on it but it would not cast very well and that kind of braid seems to want to backlash and slice into itself allot , The backlashes are 10 times harder to remove then the fire line.I also have an old ABU 5000 from the late 70's bought it new. It has caught allot of fish over the years.

Latest posts