Crankworms Michigan Fishing Adventures

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crankworm

Reaction score
I thought I would start a thread of my fishing adventures that I could just update instead of starting a new one every time I want brag :wink: . I will start this out by posting a couple of pics of the most recent trip. The Chick and I got a little burned out on salmon fishing this summer so we decided to do some perch fishing in lake erie. We launched out of Bolles Harbor near Monroe Mi on 10/8 and 10/11. did pretty good, here are a few pics.The fillet knife is 12" long from handle to tip just to give some reference.

Attachments

• SSCN1900.JPG
    SSCN1900.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 233
  • SSCN1901.JPG
    SSCN1901.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 233
Ahab, we are limited to how far out we can go because we don't have Ohio licences. Being so late in the year I don't feel like paying $40 each. We fished between 15 and 25 feet of water with minnows on speader rigs. It was a little weird fishing near the Fermi nuclear plant. I was expecting to hook into a 3 eyed fish like on Simpsons.

Attachments

• SSCN1902.JPG
    SSCN1902.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 227
Since we catch most of the perch here is less then 10 feet of water that is DEEP!

How do the nuclear fish taste?

Is that 10 feet max in lake erie or inland lakes? We fish for perch on a couple smaller lakes near my parents cabin usually in 6-12' of water. Nuclear fish seem to be just as tasty fryed!

This update isn't Michigan fishing but it is an update, I went down to Florida to visit my brother for a few days, wow was the weather nice. We rented a small boat out of New Port Richie and did some fishing, I'm 32 and this was my first fishing trip in saltwater. We fished mostly in a big bay of grass flats it was low tide and the water wasn't deeper then a foot in the whole bay. It was very awesome to see fish swimming and jumping everywhere I looked! We caught a few little fish we threw back, then I hooked into a 26" red I can't believe how hard that thing fought.

Attachments

• flats fishing.jpg
    flats fishing.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 181
  • flats fishing 2.jpg
    flats fishing 2.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 181
hamar507 said:
That's why I live in Florida. Come down for Tarpon season if you want a fight, you'll be doing it for an hour.

See you in June!!! :D

Nice fishing Crankworm.

Hey Crankworm, nice mess of perch =D> Check out my request in Watering Hole about charters on Lake Erie - maybe you can help with some info???

Nice Red!!! Pound for pound it's hard to beat the fight of a Redfish. Your hooked now!!!! We boated over 30 of them this past Saturday. Needless to say, we were all whipped.

Latest posts