Crappie All Gone :(

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioStateBuckeye

Reaction score
So i have this little crappie spot i like to go to that not many know exist because you have to do little climbing to get to. So my two friends went there yesterday evening around 5pm and called me at 9pm saying "Hey we have like 75 keepers!"
A keeper in ohio is 9' or bigger, so i thought okay maybe ill get myself into the crappie madness so i woke up early and went there this morning.....

Mad is exactly right, I got 5 dozen crappie minows from the bait store i get to my spot open my bucket and there are 5 dozen bass minows :) lol
All i have to say is i did not catch a dang crappie, but i did manage my first ever Northern. I believe its a northern correct me if im wrong lol

Which is weird because this lake is known for crappies,bass,and walleyes not much for pike.

and yes that is an ugly stick ;) lol my graphite rods are only used when im in my boat
0318091006-1.jpg

Oh well something is better than nothing :)

Beautiful 70degree with sun day

That might be an immature Tiger Musky

But, I am certainly no expert on these critter - I have musky madness which causes me to ID pickerel as Musky on occasion :D

lol see the stripes threw me off... i was torn between musky or northern pike..... which they are cousins so same bloodline i would guess? lol

This lake is known for producing state record musky.

I have to agree wit the Capt, looks like a Tiger Musky, is there a limit on crappies?

I believe you guys are correct as well, ill leave the originial post alone as to keep its integrity :)

The only other way to usually get to this spot is by boat but as you can see by the background in this pic the water levels are veryyyy low, that back area is usually swamped land that you cant really walk on but it now actually has some grass growing lol

Latest posts