Crappie Time?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OhioStateBuckeye

Reaction score
Well i have today off =D> =D> =D> first time with all this decent weather that ive been off to enjoy the 65 degree weather =D> =D> =D>

AND IM GOING FISHING =D> =D>

not sure what for yet maybe crappies, i dont feel like firing the boat up today so crappies makes the best sense

wish me luck ill make sure to make a report of anything i catch or dont catch :)

we need about 2 weeks straight of nice weather for the crappie to get prime up here, but when they do its nothing to catch 100 in a few hours out of a special resavior. man i cant wait. goodluck! its a good day to take off, atleast up here in the mtns its pretty as can be out

It's warm here but the wind is up for the second day in a row. Supposed to be up all weekend too.

I finished rigging my boat for crappie fishing but now I can't catch a break in the weather. :x

It is hard to spider rig for crappie with 20+ mph winds. I'm sure the rollers on KY Lake in the spawning bays are probably in the 2 1/2 - 3 foot range.

Sooooo i went fishing caught six crappie, not horrible they arent quite ready yet but each one i cot was atleast 13 inches so they were nice slabs. I only got pics of two of them, we had rediculous wind (35mph) so i couldnt really get out on the water so i fished under a bridge.

pics will be the next post, i just used crappie minnows with a bobber, lol i forgot my bobbers today and was like crapppp but luckily someone cast into a tree and i grabbed the bobber out of a tree that had been knocked over by wind.

Quackrstackr said:
It is hard to spider rig for crappie with 20+ mph winds.
Thats when you pull out the cranks, and longline troll. You can catch crappie long line trolling in weather up to the point that your boat sinks. Of course, those waves would put some good vertical action on those spider rigged jigs. :shock:

bassboy1 said:
Thats when you pull out the cranks, and longline troll. You can catch crappie long line trolling in weather up to the point that your boat sinks. Of course, those waves would put some good vertical action on those spider rigged jigs. :shock:

I don't have my brackets built for long lining yet. With this weekend's weather, I should have stopped by the scrap yard today and picked myself up a couple of pieces of plate to work on that.