deck building

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

recurve60

Reaction score
Ive decided to re do my decks on my boat. The boat had been converted previously but the decks are flimsy (really thin aluminum and lacks support) and sit a little low for my liking

Attachments

• IMG_20120314_115454.jpg
    IMG_20120314_115454.jpg
    855.9 KB · Views: 759
Hey Recurve60....First, WELCOME to TinBoats! You've come to the right place to find all your answers and make great friend/family.

Your mod looks pretty nice so far. It certainly will be heavy duty! I can't tell from the pictures, but that looks like it might be pressure treated wood. If it is, that will cause a few problems down the road with pitting into your aluminum. Use the search feature in the upper right hand part of this page and read about pressure treated wood problems with aluminum. We've all seen this conversation many times.

Other than that....if you have any questions.....please don't hesitate to ask.

Love the deck! I like my stuff to be sturdy and by the looks you may be able to put an elephant on that back end!

I am completing my MOD and hoping to have the first voyage this saturday! Good luck!

Hey! Welcome and congrats on your decision to mod!

That does look like pressure treated to me as well...if it is, do yourself a favor and remove that and start over. While you are starting over I would also suggest using some lighter weight design. That is adding a lot of weight to the back of your boat, which is already likely the spot with the most weight. I would definitely rethink that design since you are going to have to start over anyway.