Delaware River- 3/4/08

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Derek777

Reaction score
took advantage of the nice weather and got out on the Delaware with a couple of friends (ken, tom).
ken's first cast caught a decent 2.5lb largemouth.
my first cast was a nice 5lb pickerel.
at the end of the day, my total was 1 pickerel, 2 smallies, and a nice 3 lb walleye. (and a million missed hits)
ken's total was 1 largemouth, 2 pickeral and a walleye.
tom's total was 2 pickerel, and 6 walleyes.
all fish were caught using hair jigs in the channel and back ends of deep pools of coves.
pics to follow.

I dont mind looking at pics of the baits but if the baits have their own coffin then I am out!

jkbirocz said:
I don't care about the fish at all, I just wanna hear about the tackle used....and of coure some pics of it.

This sexy sleek reel:

zebco_404.jpg

and this super rod

IMG_5021.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fishin NJ said:
What are you downloading that pickerel picture via dial up connection or what?
comp26.gif

I am pretty sure Derek777 works for the Dept. of Transportation here in PA. (PennDot)....Be prepared to wait quite a while! :wink:

still havent gotten the email.
i should have taken the pic with my own camera, but i didnt want to have the fish out of the water for too long and ken had his camera out already.

btw im just guestimating at its weight, but according to the pa weight/length extimator, a 27inch pickerel is 4.7lbs. a 27.5 is 5lb, and 28 is 5.3lbs, and the fish was in that length range, and ultra fat.
i used have a digital lip grip with me so i can weigh everything, but it lost a battle with a big walleye on the nock last year, and is now swimming with the fishes.
so always remember to put on the lanyard, or have a big floaty thing attached so they dont sink.

like i said, as soon as i get the pic, ill post it.

but trust me, as soon as i get that email, ill sure as heck take a long 3 hour lunch break, followed by an afternoon nap, then maybe it will get done tommorrow. ;) job security ;)

Derek777 said:
i should have taken the pic with my own camera, but i didnt want to have the fish out of the water for too long and ken had his camera out already.

btw im just guestimating at its weight, but according to the pa weight/length extimator, a 27inch pickerel is 4.7lbs. a 27.5 is 5lb, and 28 is 5.3lbs, and the fish was in that length range, and ultra fat.
i used have a digital lip grip with me so i can weigh everything, but it lost a battle with a big walleye on the nock last year, and is now swimming with the fishes.
so always remember to put on the lanyard, or have a big floaty thing attached so they dont sink.

but trust me, as soon as i get that email, ill sure as heck take a long 3 hour lunch break, followed by an afternoon nap, then maybe it will get done tommorrow. ;) job security ;)

=D>

Derek777 said:

Sound to me like Derek is trying to backpedel a bit on the fish size..........................thats ok we have all been there......except me :roll: :lol:

BassAddict said:
Derek777 said:

Sound to me like Derek is trying to backpedel a bit on the fish size..........................thats ok we have all been there......except me :roll: :lol:

Me too!

no backpedalling here. you guys are just jealous that i have assumed the king of pickerel title in addition to my lord of smallies title.
im ok with that though, as i can use it as a positive thing to help my fellow fishermen, and inspire all you hammerhandle catchers to raise your game to a level of zenlike pickerel awareness you never thought you could achieve.

Latest posts