Delaware River smallies

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, we're north of Trenton about 5 miles and the tidal river ends at Trenton, so up this way is all flow. I knew it was going to be a matter of time but I was hoping it would be a couple more years.

They're an asian delicacy, so they must be decent for eating if the water's clean and you're into all that. Feels wrong killing something just to kill it, though I know with them it's necessary...I guess if they ever make it up to CT my dogs will have a lot more fish in their diets.

I just heard that they showed up last year but this is the first I've seen evidence of it. I think you are required to report any catch and hold onto it and give it to fish and game. I'm actually surprised they survived this past winter.

Attachments

• river_ice1.jpg
    river_ice1.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 1,437
wish I could say rivers around me have been as good until this past week that was relatively dry we had tons of rain and some flooding only two weeks ago so haven't much for smallmouth fishing for me lately. Was in VA for the army thankfully while things were crap in Indiana managed to get a few largies and smallies on the appomotax nothing to brag about. Camped in west virginia on the way back and fished the new river some got a number of smallies on a whopper plopper nothing huge biggest was 14". Glad to hear your getting them good. Hoping tomorrow is good got the fourth of so gonna hit the river near me it's finally lower and clearing up. Hopefully we're done with the torrential rains.

JL8Jeff said:
Yeah, we're north of Trenton about 5 miles and the tidal river ends at Trenton, so up this way is all flow. I knew it was going to be a matter of time but I was hoping it would be a couple more years.

After you posted about the snakehead I PM'd a guy that I know who fishes the river. He said he had found a dead one laying on shore above Easton last year and figured someone had caught it and killed it. That's well above where you were fishing, so not looking good!

Latest posts