Duck/Carp Boat Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dkhunter8383

Reaction score
247.JPGHey guys, let me start off by saying that I just joined this site, and I can't get off it! My grades are going to start suffering with all my time spent on here and not studying. Back to my boat project, I bought a 1977 16 foot Lund from a buddy with an 18hp Mercury outboard and console steer. As you will see in the pics, the boat started off basic jon boat green, and has come a long ways from that. Here is a quick list of what I have done to her, and then what I plan on doing. Thank you everyone on here already, I wish I would have found this site last summer when I was doing all this! (I will try to put the pics in order so you can see the step by step transformation)
What I did last summer:
1. Sold outboard and steering console, put on a 25hp Mudbuddy Longtail
2. Paint Job
3. Installed a marine switch panel (5 switches) and installed the following things to the switches: CD player, fish finder, headlights, bilge pump, and navigation lights
4. Installed 2000 lb winch to front of boat

Here is what I am planning on doing this summer:
1. Removing 2/3 of middle seat (as you will see in the pics, my CD player and 1 speaker are mounted on the starboard side of the middle seat so that part of the seat will stay in the boat)
2. Steelflex the bottom of the boat
3. Build a carp deck
4. Build a rod holder/gun box

Thanks for all the help already, and let me know if you have any suggestions (see post in boat house about removing seat)

Attachments

• 241.JPG
    241.JPG
    701 KB · Views: 1,177
  • 243.JPG
    243.JPG
    688.9 KB · Views: 1,177
  • 245.JPG
    245.JPG
    684.8 KB · Views: 1,177
Having a little trouble posting more pics, it is telling me that the file is too big, anyone know how to fix this? Also, sorry the photos aren't in order but I'm sure you can figure it out

dkhunter8383 said:
Having a little trouble posting more pics, it is telling me that the file is too big, anyone know how to fix this? Also, sorry the photos aren't in order but I'm sure you can figure it out

Follow the instructions on the link below works great. :LOL2:

https://tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3664

Ok, here is attempt number 2 at posting the rest of the pictures,

Attachments

• 247 paintjob.jpg
    247 paintjob.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,001
  • strippedboat1.jpg
    strippedboat1.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 1,001
  • stipboat2.jpg
    stipboat2.jpg