Eagle Fisheasy 245 DS Fishfinder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ForkliftJeff

Reaction score
Me and my Dad were looking around at the fishing trade show last weekend. I was looking at this fishfinder cause the price was pretty good but wasn't gonna buy one until I found a trolling motor first. So my Dad bought it for my wifes birthday present even though she was talking right before we left for the show about how we don't need a fishfinder. Haha! She'll learn to like it. Me on the other hand can't wait to get it and get it installed on my boat. I'll let you all know how it works for me. Anybody here have one?

I don't have it, but my first fishfinder was a Humminbird Piranah Max 15 (bout 6 years ago)... that thing still works and picks up fish just as well as my WAY TOO EXPENSIVE units do.

The only real difference in them is the picture quality. On the next fishfinder you buy, go for the best resolution you can afford. Vertical is the most important because that's how sonar works - it's a vertical shot of what's underneath you. So the more vertical resolution you have, the better the picture. The horizontal pixel is just showing what you've already gone over... still important, but not as important as what is beneath you.

You'll enjoy any fishfinder you get - I know I do (and still have the urge to splurge on one of those side imaging units - just can't justify it (or hide it from the wife [-X ))

Latest posts