Ever had one of those days...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jigster60

Reaction score
EVER had one of those days...Fished today started off slow on Barkley lake then wham A nice 3 pounder hooked off riprap in 4 feet of water chasing shad lost right at the boat... No big deal I'm thinking at least it was a good fish and such a wonderful calm cloudy day to be out doing my thing right... Then a solid 1 1/2 er lost at boat again ... To cut to chase I lost 5 solid keepers on that riprap largest running right at 5 pounds... One of those days I guessing just couldn't button up.. did manage a couple 3 pound fish on main lake point so the day wasn't a complete wash and as I stated before God blessed me with a great day to enjoy outdoors and when it comes down to it isn't that what its all about anyways.... JIGGY

That was me yesterday.

Didn't sleep well. Woke up with maybe 4 hours of sleep.
Got on the road to realize I had left my wallet and cellphone at home. Had to drive an extra two miles so I could turn around.
Parked the truck and walked away from it with it running (wtf?). Realized about 10 steps away.
Prop was ventilating a bit on the trip out. Never done that before.
Fishing laydowns and weed edges I missed 3 decent sized fish because I wasn't paying attention.
Fish actually ran off with my bait and I was too dumbstruck to set the hook. Lost him...he was BIG.
Lost two keepers at the boat.
After landing and releasing a second fish from one spot I casted back into the spot to see my line go limp and my tube go flying. Must have nicked the line landing the fish.
Went out to the boat to charge it today and I had left the cooler in the boat for 24 hours and there were night crawlers in there.

BEAUTIFUL day, though. Was 75 when I left with light winds. Couldn't have asked for much better.

New lake tomorrow...hopefully things go better.

Yes Sir, Left for a solo camping trip to Swartzwood Lake, 135 miles one way, checked and double checked, good to go, I arrived. got my site, set up my tent, ate lunch, took a seaesta, woke up, ate another sammich, hemhauled till 5ish, checked again, UT Oh!!! forgot trolling motors and battery, I'm literally up the creek without a paddle(forgot that too). Checked at the office to see if they had anything I could use, no dice. I'm wasnt going to purchase a new battery and trolling motor so I took everything down and headed back home :evil:

That is a bad one,shamoo.
I've forgotten my gas tank acouple times,still could make a day of it though.