First cook on the Weber Smokey Mountain Cooker!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
Here is my story and I'm sticking to it.

Saturday morning the wife and I took a cruise to pick up my 10 year anniversary gift. I have wanted a smoker for awhile, and after countless hours of research, questions and time I decided on a Weber smokey mountain cooker.
DSC_0178.jpg

It took me about 30 minutes to put it together. Fit and finish was perfect. I wanted to do a "Trial" cook but I never got around to it.

We decided to throw my son a surprise Birthday party on Labor Day and I really wanted to serve something cooked from my new smoker so I decided to do a pulled pork and some ribs.

Getting her ready Sunday afternoon:
DSC_0176.jpg

Pork Butt lathered with mustard and Cabelas Kansas City Rub smeared all over. This went on the smoker at 12:30AM for an over night cook. It took 14 hours to reach an internal temp of 190.
DSC_0175.jpg

Ribs out of the package and rubbed with Kansas City Rub. These went on at 9:00AM and were taken off at 2PM.
DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

The Birthday boy posing with the smoker:
DSC_0177.jpg

Had to use the gasser too:
DSC_0179.jpg

Veggies to keep you regular:
DSC_0181.jpg

All comes to a happy ending:
DSC_0180.jpg

Bone pulled right out:
DSC_0214.jpg

Brother in law took two forks to it:
DSC_0215.jpg

Ribs done and ready to go:
DSC_0213.jpg

DSC_0209.jpg

DSC_0210.jpg

DSC_0211.jpg

Overall a good first smoke. Next time I will sauce the ribs and use a home blend rub. :beer:

Nicely done for a first timer. :lol:

You sure got a lot of char. I'm guessing that rub must have a whole lot of sugar in it?

Dang that looks good. Looks like the dog was a bit concerned about the new addition. :LOL2: Don't be suprised if it gets "marked".

I could go for a tub of macaroni salad right now.

Quackrstackr said:
Nicely done for a first timer. :lol:

You sure got a lot of char. I'm guessing that rub must have a whole lot of sugar in it?

Cables Kansas city rub. The ribs looked more charred than they were. All 3 racks disappeared in a half hour.

Very nicely done. =D>

Im a grilling machine in the summer, fall, spring and can cook/bake just about anything over a campfire. Haven't gotten into a smoker yet. Maybe one day.

Man you sure do know how to put out a spread of food. you'r making me hungry and its way to late at night to be eating.

WOW Bro - excellent man that stuff looks awesome

I am not a huge Dog person but that dog you got looks like a man son.

LOL

I have your address.

I also have a rub recipe that works very well. It has more brown sugar than others as well as less salt. At first I thought it wouldn't be good, but my wife likes it and she is super critical when it comes to grilled and smoked food.

Do you only wear tinboat shirts?

Popeye said:
I have your address.

I also have a rub recipe that works very well. It has more brown sugar than others as well as less salt. At first I thought it wouldn't be good, but my wife likes it and she is super critical when it comes to grilled and smoked food.

I will take the recipe for sure!

I wear the shirts because I have to represent! I have a dozen.........Wife hates them. :LOL2:

I am thinking about getting the shirt tattood on my body, sort of like an arm sleeve but the whole thing. :LOL2:

Jim said:
I am thinking about getting the shirt tattood on my body, sort of like an arm sleeve but the whole thing. :LOL2:

Why do I get images of like a body painting thing gone wrong nine ways to Sunday?

Jim said:
Popeye said:
I have your address.

I will take the recipe for sure!

I wear the shirts because I have to represent! I have a dozen.........Wife hates them. :LOL2:

That is a nice layout of meat. Smokers are awesome!!! Maybe if you send me a tinboats t-shirt (large).....I'll tell you and show pictures of cajun microwave!!!!.....lol....just joking. But I'll get some pictures and type a little to do about cooking with a cajun microwave oven.

Congrats on your successful smoke out!!!

cajuncook1

Latest posts